The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
This game contains examples of the following tropes:
- And Your Reward Is Clothes: The costumes from the original, plus Alex Ross's famous ideas for the costume from the movies, Spider-Phoenix, a version of the Earth X Venom costume, the black and white Negative Zone costume Spider-Man wore, and an insulated costume worn to fight Electro once.
- Boss Arena Idiocy: Sandman and Hyper Electro both stage their respective boss fights in locations peppered with sources of the only thing each one is vulnerable to (water pumps and power generators, respectively). This is lampshaded in the latter thusly:
Spidey: You'd think a guy would... get wise to this trick.
- Justified with the Lizard. He would be unbeatable were it not for the fact that the serum used to turn him back into Dr Connors was being produced in the lab where you fight him.
- The Cameo: The villains of the first game appear in the ending, and Doc Ock is still beating his head against the bars.
- Easy Mode Mockery: As in the first game, some levels are half-finished for you on Kid Mode.
- Energy Being: The result of the Bio-Nexus being used by Electro.
- Giant Space Flea From Nowhere: Sandman largely appears out of nowhere twice, and has little to no speaking part in the entire game.
- Large Ham: Electro, especially after he merges with the Bio Nexus.
- Lightning Can Do Anything: Electro certainly finds inventive uses for it, including using it to move things around a room and animating a bunch of suits of samurai armour.
- Most Common Card Game: Double subverted. In the ending, Hammerhead and Shocker are playing Poker. Hammerhead admits he doesn't know any other card games, and Shocker asks their fellow prisoners (Doc Ock and the other baddies from the first game )if they know how to play Go Fish.
- One-Winged Angel: Hyper Electro.
- Psycho Electro: Played pretty much as literally as possible.
- Time Limit Boss: The Shocker.
- Today X, Tomorrow the World!: One of the final boss' taunts.
- Too Soon: The game was pulled off American shelves and changed radically after 9/11. Among the changes were some levels being renamed and the final battle moving from the top of the World Trade Center to a nondescript skyscraper somewhere in New York.
- Wake Up Call Boss: The Shocker. He's also the first boss.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Beetle. He appears out of nowhere after the first fight with Sandman and is part of Electro's gang in the following FMV. After that, he plays no further role in the story.
- The Unfought: Beetle.
- The Voiceless: Lizard.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.