|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Someone, usually a female, just said or did something stupid, kinky or childish, and someone else has to correct and punish them. However, instead of doing it with words or with a Dope Slap he / she suddenly gives her a good, old-fashioned spanking, a controversial parenting technique and a comedy goldmine. Hilarity Ensues. Most of the time Fetish Fuel also ensues. Often used for Fan Service.
Bonus points earned by different ways, such as:
- The bottom has outgrown such measures (and by that, we mean a big butt);
- The bottom is also Too Kinky to Torture;
- The act is warned by a "If you act like a child, I'll treat you like one" speech;
- The act also becomes or followed by a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming;
- It's a Fetish for the giver, for the receiver or for both.
- Punctuated Pounding
And so on.
Anime & Manga
- Ikki Tousen has a couple of this, starring local Hot Mom and Too Dumb to Live Action Girl. Actually, a number of people watched the series because of this.
- Dai Mahou Touge: Somewhat justified because Punie's sisters are actually kids.
- Great Teacher Onizuka. Starring the title Badass Teacher and Alpha Bitches.
- Kanokon won some Bonus Points. Chizuru actually tried do make a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming out of it, also it seems to be her fetish.
- Rosario to Vampire
- In the third Tenchi Muyo OVA, Mashisu spanks Misao for calling her a lowly servant.
- Happens twice in the original Sailor Moon with Usagi spanking Chibi-Usa, but that's not the funny part. No, the funny part is when Chibi-Usa, later in the episode, has a daydream where the situations are reversed and she is spanking Usagi. And the first time it happened (pictured above), it actually was plot-important: Chibi-Usa started crying when Usagi spanked her, then lost control of her powers and released a powerful ray of light coming from the Ginzishou stuck inside of her, which tipped the bad guys on her whereabouts. Usagi also spanks her in the third movie to wake her out of a hypnotized trance.
- In the Berserk manga at one point, Casca, upon reuniting with Griffith after having slowed down the whole band for having gone into the fight while on her period, says that she understands that she has made a huge mistake as a commander and that she would accept ANY form of punishment for this. For Guts, that was too tempting. Hence, he playfully spanks her in front of everyone present.
- In Dennou Coil Fumie gives her brother Akira an offscreen spanking for collecting pictures of his different harassments, including other spankings done by her. Hell, she once spanks him on screen, complete with pulling down his pants first.
- In Black Jack, Pinoko gets this treatment at least once. She REALLY deserved it, and is pretty much a kid in mind and body. She seems to take it happily as evidence that the doctor loves her.
- In GoLion / Voltron, episode 7 "The Beautiful Princess' Battle" / "The Lion has New Claws", Princess Fala / Allura is punished for taking the Blue Lion out for a spin behind everyone's backs... with a hard spanking by Hys/Nanny.
Joy is had by the rest of the crew.Joy is had by the rest of the crew.
- Five whole chapters in Nana to Kaoru are devoted to Nana getting a spanking. So much for Kaoru's promises to never ever hurt her. Well, after two chapters about nipple clips... raise your hand if you didn't see it coming. Apply the lotion first. Although the spanking was consensual on her part.
- In Dragonball Z, Goten gets a spanking from ChiChi for rushing into battle against Majin Buu. Though considering he was in Gotenks form, it was also Trunks' fault.
- The title character of Detective Conan suffers this at the end of episode 90.
- Brutally subverted in Neon Genesis Evangelion. When Rei-I calls Naoko a hag, she threatens her with this trope. But when Rei does it several times more and reveals that You Have Outlived Your Usefulness in the eyes of Gendo, Naoko flips out and kills the girl before she has a My God, What Have I Done? moment and jumps off the command deck to her death. The kicker? Gendo told Rei to badmouth Naoko exactly because he anticipated her reaction and needed a convenient excuse to get rid of the woman.
- In episode of 7 Haré+Guu, Poor young Haré gets an absolutely brutal spanking from the village women after just recovering from a Freaky Friday Flip with the local Handsome Lech. Afterwards you can see his bruises while he lies out in the rain.
- Ranma One Half:
- In the manga, when Female!Ranma disguises as Ryôga's (non-existent) little sister Yoiko, she once falls out of character and makes a rude comment to her "brother" before Akane. Ryôga doesn't approve of such language for a young lady, and thus give his "sister" a spanking. Note that Ryôga is super-strong, and as tough Ranma is, the ass-warming clearly hurts.
- In another chapter, Ranma and Ryôga are age-regressed due to magical mushrooms. Ranma, the older at the moment, pushes Ryôga, and gets a spanking from Akane.
- In Fairy Tail, Lucy says that Aquarius spanks her when Aquarius gets really mad at her.
- Juvia spanks Lucy when in a Brainwashed and Crazy trance. Lucy is not amused.
- Poor Emp. Count: Dream Sequence (twice, brought to you by Caged Demonwolf); from villains (implied); from ThugBoy (appears to be her fetish); from Ocelotina (for underestimating duct tape, no less). Well, what did you expect from a comic running on Fetish Fuel (specifically Bound and Gagged)?
- Ocelotina is implied to get some offscreen, being Emp's spiritual successor in terms of a Bound and Gagged Damsel in Distress, through making BSDM movies instead of fighting supervillains.
- The Spirit: The famed story "The Prom".
- The Golden Age Wonder Woman comics have several incidences, particularly once the Amazons discovered Man's World has tennis rackets....
- Batman, infamously.
- Quiet, or poppa spank! (#3) As well as Superman (#2).
- Golden Age Batman issue #10 features Bruce pulling Dick out of bed in the dark of night, laying the boy over his lap, and spanking him while the pajama-clad boy writhed and cried out "Owoo!" This is how every crime-fighter celebrates his crime-fighting partner's birthday, right?
- This series of pictures from a very old Superman comic in which he spanks a woman and she likes it.
- Archie Comics has a particularly bizarre example. Veronica wants to take her father to a father-daughter dance, but he's unavailable. Hilarity Ensues when she gets Archie to fill in for him (in a surprisingly good disguise)... and he overacts the part, annoying Veronica all evening. Towards the end Mr. Lodge shows up at the dance, replacing Archie without Veronica's knowledge. She acts disrespectful towards him, thinking he's still Archie. So he spanks her. In reprint, this was changed to putting her in a corner for time out.
- In City of Dreams during one of her masochistic dreams the protagonist doesn't agree to give her owner a blowjob, so he spanks her until she does.
- Don Rosa has let Donald Duck be the receiver of spanking at least twice. Once in the story A Letter From Home, wherein he gets spanked by his aunt Matilda. (Keep in mind that Donald is already an adult in this story!) The other occasion is in the story Escape From Forbidden Valley wherein he gets spanked by a dinosaur.
- Little Nemo in Slumberland has a naughty schoolboy subjected to an automatic spanking machine.
- This is extremely popular in Buffy the Vampire Slayer Lemons. Just about everyone female, from Faith to Dawn to Buffy to Willow, seems to be into spanking in fanfic. At least Willow and Anya were both confirmed to be into it by offhand remarks in "The I in Team".
- Because he's such a brat, there seems to be a trend in That Guy With The Glasses fic where The Nostalgia Critic gets spanked. Chick, The Other Guy, Ask That Guy, Nerd... nearly everyone's had a go with him.
Films -- Live-Action
- Le Masque De Fer. Don't lie to Jean Marais.
- A lot of Westerns have this.
- One Western where this happened was True Grit. The female protagonist insisted on coming along on a bounty hunt for the murderer of her father, and one of the bounty hunters spanked her to make her give up.
- The other famous one is McLintock! -- pretty much the entire final third of the movie leads up to it. In this one John Wayne uses a shovel on Maureen O'Hara.
- Also in Donovans Reef, John Wayne ends up spanking Elizabeth Allen (she starts kicking her feet) at the end of the movie, right before kissing her (her feet stop kicking).
- Kill Bill: "This -- is what -- you get -- for fucking -- around -- with yakuzas! GO HOME TO YOUR MOTHER!" (Also a rare female-on-male example.)
- Normal Adolescent Behavior. Wendy earned some bonus points for having a fetish and begging Sean to do this. The scene was a blatant Fetish Fuel and Big Lipped Alligator Moment (the movie has a lot of them, though).
- So Bad It's Good Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama is remarkable only for such scene.
- Elvis Presley's character does this to a girl who tries to commit suicide in the movie Blue Hawaii. The next morning she was at the table... sitting on a pillow.
- Secretary had Lee Holloway's boss, Mr. grey, originally spanking Lee for typos.
- The Killer Inside Me, starring Jessica Alba. Bonus points for appearing in trailer.
- Project Moonbase (a 1953 film that Robert A. Heinlein co-wrote) had the bratty female astronaut (a colonel no less!) being threatened with this by her superior officer. It doesn't help that she's wearing tight shorts over a great ass.
- A teacher does this to one of his pupils in a memorable scene in Debbie Does Dallas, though the roles are inverted in the modern theatre production of this most famous porn movie.
- Five Girls, a film about Catholic schoolgirls fighting a demon. One girl being seen investigating the staff's secret pact with a demon is sentenced to a spanking with a yardstick for her trouble. The high point of the scene is right afterwards when one of the girls reveals herself to be a faith healer and lays on hands.
- Averted in Monty Python and The Holy Grail. Dingo and all the other maidens of Castle Anthrax beg Galahad to spank them, but nope, it's too perilous.
- The Golden Rendevous (1977). The hero, played by Richard Harris, threatens to do this to Ann Turkel, playing the high society heroine. She replies that she might enjoy it.
- National Lampoon's Animal House. "Thank you, sir, may I have another?" The humor here derives from a male being spanked by another male. The illustrated novelization of the film strongly implies that Neidermeyer, who was doing the spanking honors for the initiation, was turned on by the proceedings.
- The 1956 film version of The Bad Seed ends with a "curtain call" sequence in which Rhoda's mother takes her over her knee.
- The Toxic Avenger Part 2: One of the hench-women that tried to rape and brutalize Toxie's girlfriend. Toxie gave that fiendish female a paddling she won't soon forget!
- In the Soviet comedy gold Operation"Y" one segment deals with Fedya, a huge 40-something bully sentenced to community service at the same construction site where the hero, Shurik, works part-time. After a slapstick-filled wild goose chase around the site Shurik finally traps Fedya in a wallpaper roll. He then sets the roll with Fedya inside upright, soaks the birch, makes an appropriately shaped cutout, while increasingly distressed Fedya asks whether that's really necessary. Shurik's answer "Really, Fedya, really", as he swings the rod and Fedya mutters "Mama!" into the fadeout, has since became a go-to answer for justifying something unpleasant, but really necessary.
- Shoot Em Up. Mr Smith does this to a mother who slaps her own child, much to the kid's delight. According to the DVD commentary the actress concerned was quite looking forward to being spanked by Clive Owen.
- Gets mentioned in two sentences in Terry Pratchett's Equal Rites. In the story, Esk's magical powers awaken on the day when her father slaps her. He regrets it immediately, but it is mentioned that her seven brothers often feel the back of his belt when they deserve it.
- Robert A. Heinlein has this several times in his works (it was Author Appeal for him, as noted on that page), including Beyond This Horizon, Glory Road, and I Will Fear No Evil. Starship Troopers has a whole chapter explaining the reasons you should spank your kids. In this case, it wasn't just a case of Author Appeal. The purpose of Heinlein's argument was to prove that corporal punishment for misdemeanors in childhood helps to deter people from committing more serious crimes in adulthood.
- A running joke throughout John C. Wright's Chronicles of Chaos series. It also serves as the climax of the first book.
- Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time:
- Among other oddities, the series seems to have an unwritten rule: every all-female organization is filled with whippings, paddlings, canings and birchings. The books tend towards more bondage-oriented punishments, though. The Aiel stick with humiliating useless labor for their own, as the entire race is trained to be able to ignore pain. They have no qualms about whipping other people who deserve it, though.
- For a male-female example, at one point Perrin has enough of Faile's baseline-abusive crap, and proceeds to take her over his knee and lay down the law, to the delight of her Aiel companions (and the fans), who thought the whole thing was hilarious.
- Also, during Mat's journey away from Ebou Dar, he finally gets fed up with the three Aes Sedai behaving like spoiled brats and spanks Joline. Her Warders are not amused.
- The Vampire Armand has a scene where Armand first has his legs whipped by Marius as a punishment, then is healed with some vampire saliva. Armand makes the mistake of commenting on the irony and smack.
- In James H. Schmitz's Legacy, the threat of spanking is unsucessfully used (by her allies, no less) to keep Action Girl Trigger Argee from making escape attempts. Trigger later uses the same trick on a captured Villain with Good Publicity, and records the conversation. Yowls and all.
- Dirk Struan does this to his Asian Baby Mama Mei-Mei in James Clavell's Taipan. She warns him afterward that if he ever does it to her when she hasn't done anything to deserve it, she'll kill him in his sleep.
- Later on he does it again, hoping that the pain will snap her out of a state of shock.
- And again, due to a particularly serious case of their clashing cultures, when she feels that she has disgraced herself by angering him and (since she is technically his slave,) needs to be punished for it. He deliberately chooses to whip her buttocks because it hurts and sounds bad enough to restore her face and pride, but will not actually cause any serious damage.
- In another Clavell book, Whirlwind another female character has gone into trauma-induced shock and needs to be snapped out of it through pain, and again the man chooses spanking because it will hurt without causing damage.
- Later on he does it again, hoping that the pain will snap her out of a state of shock.
- In the Redwall book The Sable Queen, the incompetent stoat thief Globby is caught stealing food by Skipper of Otters and spanked with an oven paddle.
- Happens to Arya Stark at least twice, in A Clash of Kings of A Song of Ice and Fire fame. The first one is a punishment from Yorren for beating the crud out of two boys twice her age. The second one is the punishment by her sadistic overseer in Harrenhall for forgetting his orders. Also happens to her sister Sansa in the same book, when a knight of the King's Guard, supposedly one of the best knights in the realm, beats her with the flat side of his sword on King Joffrey's orders.
- YMMV on whether the latter example really counts as this trope, since the knight also punches her in the stomach (while wearing his metal gauntlet), and the blows with the flat of his sword are not specifically focussed on her buttocks. This is more like a particularly severe case of Corporal Punishment, and had it gone on for longer, (and it might well have had they not been interrupted) it might even count as a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown. Also notable is that she had done absolutely nothing to deserve the punishment, and she is only being beaten because Joffrey is angry and wants someone to take it out on (and because he enjoys it.)
- Near the end of The Warlock in Spite of Himself, Queen Catharine insisted she'd ride into battle with her troops. Catharine having no weapons training to speak of, no one else was happy about this. So Rod Gallowglass suggested her long-estranged childhood sweetheart Tuan should spank her so hard that she'd be unable to sit on pillows, much less a horse. The spanking actually took place offscreen, except for the sound effects; a couple of guards wondered if the queen needed assistance, but she was apparently too embarrassed about being spanked to let them rescue her from being spanked.
- Scout, from To Kill a Mockingbird, winds up on the receiving end of this trope after ending up in a fight with a relative. Little attention is paid to the spanking itself, although she does describe surveying the damage afterwards...
- I Love Lucy, no less than thrice. Also implications.
- This showed up in Kamen Rider Kiva with male characters. Otoya is Wataru's father and normally appears in flashback segments to 22 years ago. They met via time travel once, and Otoya ended up spanking Wataru, despite them both being in their 20's. It was utterly bizarre and seemed to have been there solely for the female audience (which modern Kamen Riders are aimed at).
- Though this hasn't happened so far in Doctor Who, it very nearly did. "The Prison in Space" (cancelled at the last minute and replaced by "The Krotons") would have ended with Zoe being spanked in order to cure her of feminist brainwashing. Many years later, a copy of the script turned up and was adapted as an audiobook by Big Finish. Note that the episode was canceled not because of the scene in question, but because Frazer Hines was going to quit.
- Californication. Again, bonus points for being fetish for the secretary.
- Weeds. Crowning Moment of Heartwarming.
- NCIS. Gibbs has a tendency to Dope Slap anyone on his team that annoys him, except Perky Goth Abby (who, though played by an actress in her forties, often dresses in schoolgirl-like skirts). He does threaten to on one occasion however, "and it won't be on the head."
- Subverted in the "Evacuation" episode of Malcolm in the Middle. They've been evacuated to a gym due to a chemical spill and Malcolm is forced to sit on a cot by Lois because he was grounded (back at the house), and eventually he gets fed up with it and tries to stand up to his mom. She promptly grabs him, turns him over, winds up for a big hit, and then cherry taps him lightly on the back of his jeans, indicating that until she can't do that he doesn't get to determine the terms of their relationship. The entire gymnasium watches and is horrified after she is done, and then it cuts to outside the gymnasium where some soldiers are throwing her out because people think she's dangerous.
- Trying to teach Troy a lesson about respecting and "cherishing" family, Britta on Community says something she would consider complimentary but which "Nana" considers offensive. Nana orders her to get a switch, which Britta does. Britta seems to think that the switch was for striking her hand (she seems to have gone to Catholic school), Nana quickly corrects her. She bends over--even though Troy tells her she doesn't have to--and pulls down her pants. She realizes very quickly she doesn't know what she's gotten herself into.
- Scrubs has a whole lot of spanking going on. J.D. spanking Turk. Turk spanking J.D. Turk spanking Elliot. Elliot spanking J.D. Various characters spanking themselves. You name it. In fact, the only main character who hasn't been a spanker or a spankee is The Janitor.
Elliot: Harder, dammit! I've been bad.
- ICarly: In "iSell Penny Tees", Freddie makes a mildly sarcastic remark to Sam. Sam then runs over to him, throws him onto a nearby couch, then starts spanking him.
- Brutally subverted in Game of Thrones season 2. In a scene that was not in the books (but is by no means out of character,) Joffrey is given two whores in the hope that it might mellow him a bit. He orders one to hit the other, and they comply with some light erotic spanking. Then he gives the spanker his belt, and tells her to hit harder. Then he hands her a heavy wooden stick with spikes on it and orders her to keep going...
- "Cane Drops Keep Fallin' on My End" by the Capitol Steps.
- Professional Wrestling: Go to YouTube and search for "wrestling spanking", you'll find a lot of examples. Mostly female.
- Not even genuine Action Girls are immune. Sarita and Rosita of TNA recently got a good spanking apiece - and at a pay-per-view, no less!
- The Taming of the Shrew. And the play it inspired, Kiss Me Kate. Kate/Lilli Vanessi being unable to sit down afterwards is a Running Gag extending well into the second act.
- Done in one of Tyler Perry's Madea plays, where the titular character spanks a smart-alec teenager she's looking after, and then passes her off to her friend and encourages her to spank her. She does so, trying to copy Madea's enthusiasm, but is told "You ain't supposed to enjoy it!"
- The 1936 Vaudeville French play La Fessée by Jean de Létraz is all about the consequences of an irate husband giving his wife a bare-assed spanking -- and this being accidentaly photographed through a window.
- The selling point for Criminal Girls.
- Riviera the Promised Land, only implied, but it became a Crowning Moment of Funny. The exact conversation, believe it or not, was actually a Bowdlerization of a conversation about breast size.
- Tales of Symphonia
- Raine gives her brother Genis a spanking for skipping class. Lloyd screws his eyes shut during this, thinking he'll be next; when Raine asks him if he's ready, he begs off... and Raine gives him a side-kick instead that sends him flying.
- And then in the sequel, she asks Emil and Marta to help her find a kid that wandered into the abandoned human ranch. Guess what happens once she finds him?
- In Tekken 5, Anna Williams will sit on Lee Chaolan's back and spank him after defeating him in her story mode.
- Another example from the same game series is Heihachi, who in Tekken 6, with the right item equipped, has a special grapple in which he bends opponents over his knee and spanks them thrice.
- Heihachi also does it to Lee in a Tag Tournament animation. And Combot in one of Lee's endings in another game. It happening to Lee seems to be a Running Gag.
- Soul Series
- Another Namco example: In Soul Calibur, one of Talim's throws involves her sitting on the opponent's back and spanking them.
- In the Game Cube version of Soul Calibur II, Guest Fighter Link has a throw that involves him jumping on the enemy's back and hitting him in the butt with his sword like he was riding a horse.
- And yet another one, Dampierre has a throw where he bends the opponent over and spanks him three times, the last one throwing him to the ground.
- The Action Command for dispatching female enemies in God Hand is "Spank". Done at extremely high speed, and the "one to grow on" sends them a few hundred yards through the air.
- Done against the boss Elise in MadWorld as a Shout-Out to God Hand.
- In Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Endless Frontier, in addition to the above quote we have Xiaomu, who happens to be a spanking magnet. There's even a cute sprite of her rubbing her sore tush.
- Keiko of the Pretty Fighter series uses this as an attack. Also a counterpoint to the series extensive Ass Kicks You.
- Iceberg's Blazin' Move in Def Jam Vendetta (in Def Jam: Fight for NY, this Blazin' Move belongs to Baxter) has him kick his opponent to the ground. He goes up to them and smack him them across the face. He then bends them over his knee and inflicting several spanks. It ends with him giving the opponent a back breaker.
- In Knights of the Old Republic, Carth threatens to put the female Player Character over his knee, to which you can respond, "Is that a promise or a threat?"
- One of Isabela's combat lines in Dragon Age II is "Somebody needs a good spanking!"
- In Mother 2, this was how Pokey (Porky)'s father punished him at the beginning of the game. In Earthbound, this was Bowdlerized into a lecture and "no desserts for the rest of the decade". Of course, Porky hardly qualifies as a "cutie".
- Slightly weird version of this in Magical Diary. During one of the detentions, the (cute female) player character can ask the snarky male professor to give her a spanking instead. What results will probably embarrass both of them, but is Fetish Fuel to a lot of the players...
- In Street Fighter X Tekken, Hwaorang states in his victory line to Poison that he "likes to spank girls, not get spanked by them."
- In Shining in the Darkness, Pyra's mother isn't too thrilled with how Pyra ran off to go dungeon-diving with you and Milo, so she throws Pyra over her shoulder and spanks her until you convince her she and Milo are your True Companions.
- In Bayonetta, the titular character has the ability to spank enemies. By knocking down enemies while you have her whip Kulshedra equipped, you can start mashing Y to pick the demon up and repeatedly spank it, then launch it into other enemies.
- Occurs in Ménage à 3 with Zii, who naturally is Too Kinky to Torture and very much enjoys herself.
- In Shortpacked!, when manager Galasso is locked in the back, the employees get into a free-for-all, leading to multiple Wardrobe Malfunctions.
- In one of Bell's most epic rages in Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi, she blames Dr. X for Mandark's death. Dr. X responds by turning her over his knee. It's hard to tell whether the scene was played for laughs or not.
- In Northern Edge (a spin-off to Fred Perry's Gold Digger), Shiela, Raphiel and Sil gets a spanking from the Naughty Tentacles of a giant frawg, in punishment for annoying her tadpole: "Spankie!" (NSFW)
- Lurking Dragon's Rejuve Universe is all about this trope. To wit, humanity finds some alien technology that allows them to be immortal by "rejuvenating" their bodies. But because aliens were asexual beings, machines doing it can't handle human puberty, so the people have to be sent to childhood. Guess what happens to criminals? Yeah, that's right. They get turned to children and given to strict "spanko" parents that spank them on the slightest provocation, then again and again, for decades of punishment (because everybody is practically immortal, years mean nothing to them). You can find more explanations on this page as well as original stories here (Warning, NSFW link)
- Popeye the Sailor
"But" "We" "Don't" "Like" "Spinach!"
- Another one involved Popeye spanking Sweetpee for being bad. However, he starts feeling guilty for it when he runs away.
- Count Spankulot in Codename: Kids Next Door is built around this trope, as should be apparent from his name. He's pretty much a vampire, except that his powers are based on spanking naughty children rather than sucking blood.
- At the end of Practical Pig (the fourth Disney "Three Little Pigs" cartoon), the two younger pigs tell a lie. Practical Pig's lie-detecting and punishing invention begins spanking them for the lie. Practical Pig tells the others, "This hurts me more than it does you." The machine reaches out, grabs him by his throat, spanks him and washes his mouth out with soap.
- The Simpsons has been known to mine humor out of Bart (who is voiced by a squeaky-voiced woman, so it arguably fits this trope) being spanked by Homer -- or, rather, being threatened with a spanking by Homer. One particularly kinky scene had Homer gleefully telling his son: "It's spanking season -- and I've got a hankerin' for some spankerin'!"
- Bart was spanked twice in the series, but not by anyone that was expected: the first time was at hands of former president George Bush and the second one by Otto.
- Especially funny in an early episode when Homer called Bart over for a father-son talk: Bart, assuming he was in trouble, immediately pulled down his shorts and underpants and threw himself across Homer's knees!
- There sure seemed to be a lot of spanking in Tom and Jerry. Usually as a result of the cat getting his head or torso caught in something and waiting oh so helplessly for the mouse to swaggeringly walk behind him, pick up a conveniently placed piece of wood, take a few practice swings....
- Gloriously used once when Tom and Jerry have to team-up to go against three Bratty Half-Pint kittens. At the very end, the mini troublemakers are sort-of "hung" in the backyard's clothes dryer and get spanked with a paddle for all the ruckus they caused.
- Tom once applied the trope to Nibbles/Tuffy, Jerry's protegé, via spanking him with a fly swatter. Jerry was NOT happy.
- Mentioned sometimes in The Penguins of Madagascar. According to Maurice, Julien is likely to personally administer canings to anyone who forgets King Julien Day.
- Tex Avery
- The father-son spanking scene in the cartoon One Cab's Family raises the question: Since when do cars have buttocks?
- To quote the hillbilly from Avery's A Feud There Was (WB, 1938), "In these here cartoon pictures, a body can do jes' about anything." Especially an Avery cartoon.
- Similarly, in another such cartoon, a father bear pulls back some of the fur on the backside of one of his cubs, revealing a pair of perfectly human buttocks, which he then proceeds to spank.
- The father-son spanking scene in the cartoon One Cab's Family raises the question: Since when do cars have buttocks?
- Donald Duck does this to Pete's son in Bellboy Donald, in one of the greatest endings Classic Disney Shorts had.
- Family Guy: In one episode, Tom Tucker is dating Peter's mom and acts like a father figure towards him. He even spanks Peter for eating ice cream at dinner.
- Lois spanks Stewie once for misbehaving. He gets upset about it at first, then misbehaves even more so she will spank him again.
- In another episode, Peter and Lois go out of town while Stewie and Brain act as the parents. Stewie has Chris over his knee and spanks him for being found with vodka by the prinicpal.
- In an episode of South Park, Cartman suffers from amnesia and thinks he's a Vietnamese prostitute. At the end of the episode, he's back to normal and tells his friends he had a dream where Leonardo Di Caprio spanked him for a few hours. It wasn't a dream.