The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Mel Brooks was worried about getting George Lucas's approval to make the movie. Lucas, however, was cool with it...on one condition: No merchandising. Says it all right there, really...
- Hey, It's That Guy!
- The black Spaceball combing the desert who says "We ain't found shit!" is Tim Russ, years before he would play Tuvok on Star Trek Voyager.
- The second Spaceball from that scene that says "Not a thing, sir!" and the Spaceball on Dark Helmet's right that helps him up after the Ludicrous Speed meltdown is Rob Paulsen!
- Not to mention Michael "That Sound Effects Guy From Police Academy" Winslow manning the Mr. Radar.
- And Dom DeLuise as the dreaded Pizza the Hutt. Of course, Dom DeLuise was part of Mel Brooks' Production Posse.
- Dr. Schlotkins's sexy nurse is none other than Brenda Strong.
- And who could forget President Whitmore as Lone Starr?
- How about Joan Rivers looking more natural than at any other point in her career?
- The robot itself was actually Lorene Yarnell of Shields and Yarnell.
- While uncredited from the final product, Michael York is the Ape that says "There goes the planet!" Similarly, John Hurt also appears as a parody of his character from Alien.
- Stephen Tobolowsky as the "You captured their stunt doubles!" guy.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: The Japanese dubbed version has some hilarious casting choices, since many of them worked in sci-fi related stuff.
- Lone Star is Hochu Otsuka (Jiraiya and Yazan Gable).
- Princess Vespa is Kikuko Inoue (I-No and Belldandy -- and being NOT the first time she voices an annoying and bitchy girl for a change).
- Dark Helmet is Kei Tomiyama (Yang Wenli -- Hilarious in Hindsight considering that Yang is a lazy but brilliant military genius and Dark Helmet is a whiny boy with poor tactical prowness]]).
- Col. Sandurz is Masaru Ikeda (Ikki Yoneda -- Hilarious in Hindsight just like with Dark Helmet: Yoneda is a badass military prodigy and Sandurz is even WORSE than Helmet in the military stuff department]]).
- Yogurth is Michio Hazama (the Capt. Bruno Global).
- Throw It In
- The moment with Dark Helmet's dolls. Rick Moranis was handed the figures a few moments before the cameras rolled and told to do something funny.
- Rick Moranis also came up with the idea to deepen his voice James Earl Jones-style every time he closed his helmet.
- John Candy actually forgot to unbuckle his seatbelt leading to the "Oh, that's going to leave a mark." joke being the actor's comment...
- You Look Familiar: Mel Brooks plays both President Skroob and Yogurt.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.