|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Source Fed runs regular shows Monday-Thursday. Five stories a day, 4 minute max per video. Fridays they do a Comment Commentary. Saturday, Curb Cash runs, and sometimes they make a compilation of bloopers. They can be found here.
The main commentators are:
- Joe Bereta.
- Lee Newton.
- Elliott Morgan.
The show also sports guests commentators, temporarly filling in for whoever is missing for whatever funny reason:
- Philip Defranco, who used to comment along the others three at the beginning of the show, and who became more and more rare.
- Trisha Hershberger.
- Steve Zaragoza, who mainly comments video games news.
- George Watsky.
Tropes associated with Source Fed:
- Berserk Button: Whenever a new is about someone harmful to children, Joe tends to be the most vocal (read angry/furious) about it. Having children himself, when you take into account his Papa Wolf tendencies, it's quite understandable.
- Bilingual Bonus: Joe calls himself Menso on an episode about Mensa, menso means stupid is Spanish.
- Blondes Are Evil: Played with. Lee sometimes is put into this corner, especially during one of the comment commentaries where they discuss how touchy she is.
- Brainless Beauty: Clearly averted for Lee, but she doesn't mind to poke fun at herself about this sometimes (2:55):
- Cloudcuckoolander: Joe takes the cake, with Lee following not very far behind.
- Deadpan Snarker: Lee and Eliott, every now and then.
- Distracted by the Luxury: Lee and a P.S. Vita. Phillip declares she sucks at it, and takes it away from her at the end of the episode.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Lee is developping quite a fan base.
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs: So, so true. Lee is a huge fan of dinosaurs, and she even owns a dinosaur plush at the office (2:36 and more)! Aaaaaaaaawwwwwwww.
- Though the boys may disagree, as shown in Space Dinos, Easter Gren-eggs, & Birthday Time! it's Comment Commentary 12! (starting at 6:33)
- Up to Eleven during the CISPA: A Prehistoric Bill video: DINOFED!
- Goth: In honor of the World Goth Day, Lee and Elliot dressed as ones.
- Is This What Anger Feels Like?: Lee's rant in the second comment commentary about how women can't argue.
- It Got Worse: Invoked during the story about killer spiders in a city of India...
Joe:I'm sorry, I'm just reporting the news, but it gets worse.
Lee:NO DEAR GOD NO!
- Kill It with Fire: Lee's reaction to the killer spiders story.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: Lee.
- Mr. Fanservice: Joe. He lost his shirt sometimes, and even his pants during a blooper video (4:44).
- Ms. Fanservice: Trisha. Oh dear lord, Trisha.
- Named by Democracy: Every year Maxim Magazine is making list of the top 100 hottest women; this year they let the readers vote and one could do a write in, add someone who wasn't on the list. Joe and Elliott told viewers to vote for Lee. They did. So much that they crashed the site! Maxim then did article that included Lee and mentionned that she had "List potential." In the end, Lee Newton landed in the 57th place.
- Running Gag:
- Lee and dinosaurs.
- The introduction of guests, filling in for x because of y.
- [Plasma Bomb/Hit/Eat/Smash/etc] the like button.
- Shirtless Scene: Joe, in the "Woman goes TOPLESS in NYC" video.
- To Skyrim, for obvious reasons:
Joe: Ok, so this trailer (1:45) is gonna results in way too many "arrow to the knee" comments.
Lee: Arrow to the knee!