The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
- Absentee Actor: Was strangely absent from Sonic Free Riders as Team Dark's "Power", instead being replaced with an egg-shaped robot known as E-10000B who is actually Metal Sonic in disguise.
- Anti-Hero: Type V. Possibly Type IV in Sonic the Hedgehog 2006, seeing how he also expresses regret when it was revealed that he was the one who sealed Shadow away, and it was implied to be against his will.
- Arm Cannon: One that has many weapons in it.
- Ax Crazy: A family-friendly version of the trope. He seems to take a glee for destruction but never kills biological beings.
- Badass Automaton: He is very good at destroying things at least.
- Berserk Button: Anything relating to Dr. Eggman. Also, in Sonic 2006, Mephiles referencing his (presumably unwilling) participation in sealing Shadow in the future.
- The Big Guy: He's considered the "Power" of Team Dark.
- Beta Test Baddie: Eggman doesn't care about him, and it pisses him off to murderous levels.
- Card-Carrying Villain: He seems to consider himself an evil force, since he taunts Eggman by claiming that Team Dark will "show him what true evil is".
- Crush! Kill! Destroy!: Particularly in Sonic Heroes. He spouts off the below lines when delivering his basic three-attack combo:
"ANNIHILATION! CHARGE! FIRE!"
- Do-Anything Robot: He has a weapon built in for any situation.
- Expy: In Sonic Chronicles, Bioware patterned Omega after another of their Robotic Psychopaths, HK-47.
- Japanese Pronouns: "Watashi".
- Killer Robot: As expected from something Eggman designed
- Last of His Kind: He's the final model of the E-100 line of robots.
- Meaningful Name: Omega is also the last letter in the Greek alphabet.
- Mighty Glacier: He's very powerful, but a lot slower than most other Sonic characters. That being said, he can at least keep up with his faster teammates. He was designed to keep Shadow contained after all.
- Noisy Robots: Definitely. Especially noticeable in Sonic '06.
- The Other Darrin: Played straight, although Andrew Rannells (who voiced Gamma in Sonic X) used a voice so close to that of Jon St. John's from Heroes that many fans had no clue that it was a new VA.
- Power Floats: As with Gamma, he too can hover, though he doesn't seem to use this ability as often.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Of course, he isn't even human. Eggman likely put it there to invoke this trope(specially since he used him as security robot).
- Robot Buddy: To Shadow and Rouge. Those two are the only people that Omega would consider to be his "friends".
- Robo Speak: "Affirmative." Sonic Heroes played this mildly, with a cold monotone befitting an unfeeling sociopath but fairly smooth speech , '06 plays this painfully straight, with noticeable pauses between every syllable.
- Robotic Psychopath: Eggman didn't gave him many other emotions other than a thirst for violence.
- Sociopathic Hero: He cares zero about morals, his heroism is coml=pletely incidental.
- Splash Damage: One of the big reasons to try and unlock Omega in Chronicles. His normal attack is a missile, which not only damages the main target, but does damage to enemies adjacent to the target as well.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: Omega has been on both sides of this trope. He replaced E-102 Gamma from Sonic Adventure (although Gamma was nowhere near as much of a Killer Robot), and he was replaced by E-10000 B in Sonic Free Riders.
- Wave Motion Gun: Combines this with Everything's Better with Spinning during the Team Blast in Heroes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.