|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Some tropes present in Eggman's PA chatter:
"Attention: the Muscle Atrophy simulation will not be open today. We apologize for the inconvenience, but we could not find the strength to open it."
"Would Sonic the Hedgehog please report to the security office? We've found your — er... your keys! That's it, we've found your keys. No need to be ready for a trap, since we only wish to return your keys!"
"Please refrain from throwing coins, trash, or small children into the reflecting pools."
"Help yourself to our complimentary SPF 3000 starblock. And by 'complimentary', I mean 'quite expensive'."
"The foliage you see was pilfered from various environmentally-fragile planets. Please enjoy them, as they are the Last of Their Kind."
"Please beware of the spikes on the Asteroid Coaster - they are sharp. ...Really, we have to warn people about spikes? Like they won't notice the spikes, I mean come on - the cars are nothing but spikes! Unbelievable! Wh - uh - my what is still on?"
"No Aliens were harmed in the creation of this park. They were all harmed after the park was created."
"Please keep your hands and feet in the car at all times, as there are tiny asteroids, traveling at incredible speeds, hurtling through space. ...Keeping your hands and feet in the car won't prevent you from being hit, but our lawyers tell us we have to say it anyway."
- Rattling Off Legal: As shown in one cutscene.
"SOME DISPLACEMENT OF INDIGENOUS POPULATIONS AND DESTRUCTION OF NATURAL RESOURCES MAY OCCUR. EGGMAN ENTERPRISES NOT RESPONSIBLE."
"Would the owner of a yellow car, license plate 1NOM155, please report to the main gate. Your vehicle is in the path of an asteroid, and is about to get sma... oh, um, never mind."
"Any water you may notice on the floor is the result of our diligent housecleaning staff mopping, and not evidence of a dangerous leak in - oh, heck with it. Run for your lives!"
"Welcome to Game Land, home of the ever-popular Sonic Simulator! Waste time with your pathetic friends in Multiplayer Mode."
"The mighty ocean... cradle of life... trivialized for your amusement at Eggman's Incredible Interstellar Amusement Park!"
- Hey, It's That Voice!: This was the first game in the series to have an overhaul of the cast. The announcer in Japanese is the same as The Narrator from Kamen Rider Decade and the voice of the Double Driver from Kamen Rider Double (who even announces powers similarly to Gaia Memories). This is exacerbated by this.
- Sonic has had enough of your bullshit, Eggman! Requiescat in pace.
- And Tails is Sakura.
- Orbot is Don Patch and Cubot is the Riddler
- Debuting in the DS game, a whole slew of noted actors from the likes of FUNimation and California such as the voice of Lust (Laura Bailey) as Blaze, Roy Mustang (Travis Willingham) as Knuckles, and none other than Edward Elric (Vic Mignogna) as Omega.
- Shout-Out: At one point, Sonic says "Nobody said there'd be math!". A Running Gag in the last game the writers wrote, MadWorld.