|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- With the Sonic the Hedgehog series constantly getting Denser and Wackier, the cutscenes are scripted more and more like what you'd see in a cartoon, resulting in many more of these moments. Case in point: the cutscene in Sonic Colors when Tails first gets the translator working (right after the first boss), involving a Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick gag, much mistranslated gibberish (underwear for salad? Seriously?), and a quick but blatant fourth wall breach by Sonic.
Eggman: "Please don't be concerned by any screaming aliens. The screams are how they communicate. Really. I promise."
Eggman (again): "Would Sonic the Hedgehog please report to the security office? Repeat, Sonic the Hedgehog please report to the security office. We've found your -- er... your keys! That's it, we've found your keys. No need to be ready for a trap, since we only wish to return your keys!"
Eggman (still): "Attention - the anti-gravity toilets on this level are out of order. We are sorry for this inconvenience, and hope that you can hold it for the next 20,000 light years."
Eggman (once more): "Would the owner of a white hovercar shaped like an egg please report to the front desk? Your car has been broken into. Repeat. Would the owner of a white hovercar shaped like an egg please report the front desk? Your car has been broken i-- wait a minute, what the heck?!..."
Eggman (continuing): "Please refrain from foiling any evil schemes, plots, and/or plans while in the park. Foiling is strictly prohibited."
Eggman (yes, again): "Next stop: the Sweet Mountain. Enjoying our candy paradise is the perfect way to celebrate your next birthday...or to avoid reaching it."
Eggman (...yep): We seem to be losing pressure on Level 17. Please hold your breath against the harsh vacuum of space until you pass out from oxygen starvation. After that, you won't care. Enjoy the ride!"
- A cutscene has been released. I smell a page for the series just because of this game... and no wonder the odor is so strong, since you're reading it right now.
- And here's a video containing all of Eggman's PA announcements. This game's script is a triumph.
- In general, the story in this game is rather humorous in tone, one particular example being the cutscene after Planet Wisp's Big Boy II boss battle. Everything, from Sonic's expressions, to Tails' snarky attitude about why Sonic is talking to a dead robot, just makes this cutscene one of the more humorous ones in the game.
- Two Words: Baldy McNosehair.
- Even better is Sonic's reaction to hearing those words.
- Sonic's line before fighting the Planet Wisp boss:
Sonic: No copyright law in the universe is going to stop me!
- The ending sequence, with Cubot.
- "What do you say we make like the doc's hairline and recede?"
- As Something Awful would put it, Tails delivers an ICE BURN to Sonic:
Tails: True. Well, good job to you on inventing a translator that allowed us to speak to the aliens in order to figure out exactly what we needed to do so we weren't running around the park looking like idiots. Oh wait, no -- that was me!
- "Ooh! I think I gloated so hard I pulled a muscle!"
- Pretty much anything involving Tails's buggy translator. Public transportation and loony nurses, indeed.
- "Yeah, I'm stretching. What're'ya gonna do about it?"
- "Critical systems failure. Repeat: critical systems failure! All attraction access is temporarily suspended. Please evacuate the park via the emergency exit ahead. THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT."
- I love this bit!:
(After Eggman reveals his evil plot and sics a boss on Sonic and Tails)
Sonic: Hahaha! Pay up, Tails! I told you he had an evil plot and coming here was a good idea. There it is, straight from the horse's mouth.
Tails: Uh, we didn't bet.
- He then just dejectedly walks over to the boss, waving off to Tails as he does so.
- The final leg of the story, from Cubot's transition to red-neck accent to Gir-bot expy to Sonic's casual shot down of Eggman's final threat with theme park puns.
- I heard this while playing Sweet Mountain and just lost it.
Eggman: We know they look delicious, but please refrain from licking the rides. That would be disgusting. Do you know where those rides have been? People have been sitting on those rides! WITH THEIR BUTTS! Okay, go ahead. Lick them. Don't say we didn't warn you.
- Tails tries out Eggman's 'Bucket o' Sushi' restaurant, now with fish. The verdict?
Tails: His cruelty knows no bounds.
- The first cutscene appearance of Cubot and Orbot, with Cubot's inability to understand Robotnik's sarcasm and getting a spanner in the face as a result. Coupled with Orbot having to explain one of Sonic's one-liners to a confused Cubot.
Dr. Robotnik: My precious little aliens...I'll harness their Hyper-Go-On power, and then nothing will stop me! I know I say that everytime, but this time, really, nothing will stop me!
Cubot: *Draws Robotnik's attention to Sonic*
Dr. Robotnik: ? SONIC?!
Sonic: Who're you callin' "nothing?"
Orbot: Since the boss said that nothing will stop him and Sonic here is going to stop him, it's like he was calling Sonic "nothing."
Sonic: Great. I thought nobody was going to get that.
- How did Sonic and Tails sneak into the park?
Sonic: (While on space elevator) I can't believe somebody was dumb enough to leave the keys in this thing!
- Just before the final boss fight, Eggman delivers some amusement park-themed threats. Sonic points out how pathetic they sound coming from him.
Eggman: Curse you, Sonic! Not only do you foil my plans, but you foil my speeches, too! I work hard on them!
- After defeating the first boss, Sonic comes along and tells Tails that he had a bite to eat, did some shopping, and then destoyed a giant evil robot. Tails' reaction? "Oh, they have shopping here?"