|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Sonic Blast Man is a series created by Taito. It first began in the arcades where you play as the titular superhero, you must punch targets by hitting a pad hard enough. Each target will have a certain amount of resistance, and you're only allowed three hits. It came to the SNES in the form of a Beat'Em Up with the arcade's levels being treated like bonus stages after each round. Both versions of the game got a sequel, which are Real Puncher, featuring new characters and scenarios, but Only released in Japan and Europe, and Sonic Blast Man II, featuring new characters and improving the gameplay mechanics.
This game has the following tropes:
- Absurdly Spacious Sewer: The third stage.
- Action Girl: Sonia in the second game.
- Alien Invasion: The second game on the SNES has you facing off against an invading alien race known as the Yafu empire.
- Battleship Raid: The last stage of Sonic Blast Man 2 for the SNES.
- Bowdlerise: The Japanese version of the first game had you fighting female thugs. The were replaced with male thugs in the overseas versions.
- Color-Coded Multiplayer=/=Competitive Balance: In the second game only:
- Evil Twin: Heavy Blast Man, who's featured in both SNES games.