|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
"Now maybe, just maybe, we're dealing with a mutant form of slug here, a kind that eats meat!"
Slugs, also known as Slugs: The Movie is a horror movie from the year 1988.
Set in a small town, the movie centers around slugs mutated by toxic waste into carnivorous killers that start eating people. Only one who can stop them is the local health inspector Mike Brady with the aid of his co-worker Don Palmer and his wife's friend Dr. Palmer from across the pond.
This movie leaves a slimy trail of these examples:
- Absurdly Spacious Sewer
- Attack of the Killer Whatever
- Attempted Rape: Pam escapes from one and ends up being eaten by the slugs. The rapist gets away.
- Blood Is Squicker in Water
- Bottle Fairy: Maureen.
- Death by Sex
- The End - or Is It?: One of the slugs survived, and slugs are hemaphrodites, so one is all you need to start the whole thing over.
- Eighties Hair
- Evil-Detecting Dog
- Gross Up Close-Up: This movie loves to show it's disgusting effects up close.
- Hazardous Water: The slugs can swim.
- Life or Limb Decision: One of the slugs end up in a man's glove before he puts it in his hand. The slugs starts eat the hand from inside the glove and he is forced to chop it off. And then he gets blown up anyway.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Slugs are destroyed with explosion in the sewers. This causes more explosions around the town with lots of property damage. But all of the slugs were destroyed, right?
- Sarcastic Confession
- The Swarm
- Stuff Blowing Up: The film's climax.
- Take My Hand
- Tampering with Food and Drink: One man accidentally eats salad with pieces of a mutant slug in it, with eye-explodingly-squicky results.
- Title: the Adaptation: Rare thing to be done on a novel based material.
- Urban Legends: One teen is convinced that the killings are done by the "Goatman", a local legend.
- ↑ (Black Slugs, to be more specific)