|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Preteen comedy of one last fun night before the best friend of the heroine (Alexa Vega) moves, which is ruined by the Alpha Bitch and her Girl Posse come to propose a little game with them. They go on a scavenger hunt to win the ultimate lunch spot.
Tropes in this movie:
- Adorkable: Spongebob and his friends. Julie's teacher is a grown up version.
- Alpha Bitch- Sara Paxton's character
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents - Julie's mom dancing in the nightclub, and the fact that she wants her to have a ladybug themed party.
- Awesome Moment of Crowning
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: The main girls: Hannah and Yancey (blondes), Julie (brunette), and Farrah (redhead).
- Bumbling Dad: Julie's dad
- Butt Monkey: The PatrolTech Policeman
- Cat Fight: at the big High School Dance
- Cool Big Bro: Ren
- Defrosting Ice Queen: for the Dance Contest
- First Kiss: With Julie's dream guy, of course.
- Fridge Logic: Steve knows to give Julie the crown because he found the scavenger hunt list. Except the crown wasn't on the list; the girls made that rule up since they initially tied. So how did Steve know to do that?
- The nerdy guy (I can't remember his name) had written down "get crown" on his scavenger hunt list. The list Steve found is the one the nerdy dude had so he would have seen the "get crown" part
- Four-Girl Ensemble
- Full House Music: Swells up at any emotional scene.
- Girl Posse: Stacie's two mean girl cronies.
- Give Geeks a Chance: Implied between Stacie and Spongebob.
- The Glasses Gotta Go: For the nerdy teacher the girls make over, along with a loosened tie and messed-up hair.
- Happily Ever After: Or everyone but Stacie and her Girl Posse gets one.
- High School Dance
- Improvised Zipline: How Julie slides from her window to her treehouse.
- In Da Club
- Lady in Red: Julie
- Large Ham: Steve Carrell as the PatrolTech Guy.
- Line-of-Sight Name: Stacie names Julie's character June after a calendar.
- Non Action Dress Rip: This is how Julie makes her mom's dress "cool".
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Spongebob. He's listed in the credits as Russell.
- Parental Obliviousness: Enough for four teenage girls to sneak out of the house for an entire night.
- Pet the Dog: Alpha Bitch Stacie gets a big one during the high school dance scene.
- Rousing Speech: Oh God. Well... look for yourself. (after the ticket taker won't let her in without a ticket)
Julie: I know who you are.
Ticket Girl: You do?
Julie: You're out here collecting tickets instead of being inside at the dance. You spend your weekends doing extra credit algebra, you play way too much Monopoly with your parents, and you've never eaten anywhere near the fountain. And in 4 years I will be YOU unless I get into that dance.
Ticket Girl: (Dramatic Pause) GO! Get out there and do it for those of us who couldn't!
- Shallow Love Interest: Steve
- Single Girl Seeks Most Popular Guy: Played straight.
- Slumber Party: duh
- Slow Clap: In an overly dramatic climax scene.
- Tomboy: Julie.
- Tomboyish Name: Yancy
- Trailers Always Spoil: Some TV Trailers for this film ended with Stacie and her clique sitting with unpopular girls by the dumpster getting garbage dumped on them.
- Wacky Guy: Spongebob and his skater boy friends.
- You Suck: Julie's Too Dumb to Live older brother, Ren.