|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
"When faced with a tough problem, stab yourself in the eye!"-M.C. Hamster
The Slackerz is a webcomic about two sometimes friends, sometimes enemies Scott Smith and Scott Hepting. They are trying to find ways to be awesome on the internet. Mission Accomplished. Their comics are mostly obscure internet/video game/ 80's references that go terribly, terribly funny in 0.8 panels. Scott Smith is known for being the writer, while Hepting is the artist of all of the comics. Some recurring characters include:
- M.C. Hamster, a child-friendly mascot with some not so child-friendly advice.
- Johnny Turbo, a mascot for the Turbografx gaming machine who just doesn't give up.
- Matt, who is Smith and Hepting's rival and the ultimate authority on EVERYTHING that's awesome.
Most of the comics are written in a surreal world where anything goes (Including the Battlestar Galactica being taken over by Puppies. On. Bicycles.), but some take place in the real world (or a parrallody world) based on real events. But, yeah, most of them are all about video games. There was even a bit of controversy about this, or so a few of the comics would lead one to believe.
Tropes featured include:
- Digital Piracy Is Evil: Parodied. Apparently, when you copy a game, you destroy the universe.
- Gamer Chick: Parodied. As they make a strip parodying gamer comics with one girl that's constantly complaining that the fact that she's a gamer does not make solid grounds for a relationship with a horribly incompetent male gamer.
- Too Incompetent to Operate a Blanket: Made fun of in this comic.
- Two Gamers on a Couch: Zig zags. The comic has a tendency to switch between gaming comics and general randomness.
- Un Cancelled