The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Slacker is an experimental film by Richard Linklater in which the camera gravitates to a different group of people in every scene.
Differs from The Slacker.
Slacker provides examples of:
- Cool Old Guy: The fake Spanish Civil War veteran anarchist.
- Creator Cameo: The first character is played by Richard Linklater.
- Decoy Protagonist: It starts with a bus passenger and doesn't stop.
- Defiled Forever: While the implications of what led to the Madness Mantra entry are tragic, they're offset by the comic appropriateness of the last sentence coming from a Looney Tunes short where a dissociative Elmer Fudd repeats the line.
- Developing Doomed Characters: The entire film.
- Follow the Leader: Inspired by My Dinner with Andre.
- Hyperlink Story: Each scene passes off to the next one via a shared shot between the characters of each.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: Over a hundred unnamed characters.
- Madness Mantra: "You should quit, you should quit, you should quit, you should quit..."
- The Oner
- Trust Me, I'm A Doctor: "You should quit traumatizing women with sexual intercourse. I should know. I'm a medical doctor. I own a mansion and a yacht."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.