|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Some men are coming to kill us. We're going to kill them first.—--James Bond
Skyfall is the 23rd James Bond film, starring Daniel Craig and directed by Sam Mendes. It is set for release in November 2012, after languishing four years in Development Hell following the financial problems of distributor MGM.
Plot info remains elusive, but Word of God states that Bond is threatened by a dark secret from M's past that may become his most dangerous mission yet. Some material is available through the official site.
The film contains examples of these tropes:
- All-Star Cast: It's usually the case with a Bond film, but special mention goes to this one with Daniel Craig, Judi Dench, Ralph Fiennes, Javier Bardem, Naomie Harris, Ben Whishaw and Albert Finney.
- Badass Beard: Bond sports one through part of the film.
- Beard of Sorrow: Including during a debriefing after some mission gone horribly wrong.
- Bond Gun Barrel: Featured in the first movie poster.
- Cool Car: The iconic Aston Martin DB5 is back.
- Dragons Up the Yin-Yang: Seems like the movie takes place during the Chinese New Year. 2012 is the Year of the Dragon, hence the trope.
- Emerging From the Shadows
- House Fire
- Lock and Load Montage
- Mythology Gag: Advertisements have been playing up the return of the franchise to Turkey, where From Russia with Love and The World Is Not Enough were both shot and set.
- Scenery Porn: The first teaser alone has at least three flavors - A Shangai city skyline, giant Chinese Dragon complete with lantern-lit river and the fog-covered valley of Glencoe.
- Sinister Silhouettes: The first trailer shows an antagonist walking away from a burning building, with only his silhouette visible in the darkness.
- Word Association Test: As seen in the first teaser trailer.