|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
In the order of the ones who should no longer exist, I'm the sixth. But when it comes to battle, I always go first. -- Cradily
A Pokémon first-person fanfiction written by the barely-known troper who has registered as User:Silent Reverence. It explores some elements of growth and progress in life, as well as the relationship between humans and Pokémon, from the perspective of a species that "should no longer exist", a Fossil Pokemon.
Growth out of a test tube to see if his species could be "revived", Lileep find himself in a strange world apparently ruled by strange creatures he can't understand, and with other Pokémon working for them, a direct contradiction of the dreams of war and glory under the rule of the "Keeper of the Seas" that he experiences at night.
Where to find it:
Tropes to be found:
- Five Mon Band: the Trainer's team:
- The Chosen Many: implied.
- Stealth Mentor: Mew, and not to who you think.
- This Is Sparta: non-intentional, I was told of it later. Seriously!
Plot and Setting Tropes:
- Binding Ancient Treaty -- one between Pokemon and humans, the other between Pokémon and Nature.
- Nothing Exciting Ever Happens Here: how the Pokémon think the humans see the place they live in.
- Palantir Ploy
- Plot-Relevant Age-Up: two, since the work actually starts as one of these.
- Catch and Return with an Energy Ball
- Circling Monologue: between the protagonist and Electabuzz.
- Commercial Pop-Up: of sorts, for Diamond and Pearl.
- Human Speak
- Power Glows
- Skill tropes: