The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Abridged Arena Array: due to the fact that matches on larger maps can take hours.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: The main theme, which combines elements of each race's theme music. Possibly to symbolise that the three sides are Not So Different. Plenty of other tracks also qualify as Crowning Moment of Awesome; with the right sound settings, you can easily transition from bliss to a Star Wars like orchestra in a few seconds just by zooming into a battle.
- Check the game files for Upbeat 3.ogg. It's the best of the battle music in the game, and it's quite awesome.
- Pretty much the entire score counts as Crowning Music of Awesome, and that's what makes the game so addictive, at least to this troper; the music draws the player in and doesn't let go.
- Excuse Plot: That plot summary on the main page? It...isn't a summary. The game lore is used only to justify each faction's technology/look. The developers promised a full campaign in an expansion pack, but... it sort of didn't happen.
- Fanon: This stunning piece of fan-lore that builds upon and extrapolates the game's canon to explore the culture and history of the Sins factions in more depth. Though for some reason the two pages of the thread are the wrong way round.
- Game Breaker: Carriers before the last few patches. Most battles were decided by who had the most carriers and thus the most fighters. Not even dedicated anti-fighter ships could stop the fighter spam from a few carriers!
- Spiritual Licensee: This is pretty much the closest thing to a Legend of the Galactic Heroes game as Western gamers are going to get for the foreseeable future.
- This has been made somewhat hilarious by the presence of an actual LotGH mod.
- Unfortunate Implications: The Advent's racial telepathic bond called "the Unity" MIGHT be a form of mass brainwashing. But since the lore is a bit fuzzy here they might just be a Hive Mind.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.