|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Characters appearing in Silver Spoon. Currently under construction.
The main character of this series.
- Butt Monkey: People love him. Animals, the universe, and cosmic laws of probability... don't.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: While he doesn't get faced with desperate life-or-death situations or anything like that, he goes get known as "the guy who won't refuse you" for his consistent willingness to help when you ask him.
- City Mouse: And yet he went to an agriculture school. Hilarity Ensues, though he gets used to it.
- Desperately Looking for a Purpose In Life
- Genre Savvy: Mikage mentions that her parents wont be around during the summer, so Hachiken asked if her grandparents will be there to evade unnecessary shock.
- Large Ham: He gets some of the most exaggerated facial expressions ever seen in Manga.
- Magnetic Hero: BIG TIME. It's repeatedly stated and shown that he excels at bringing the school community together. Best demonstrated by the pizza arc.
- Manly Tears: Whenever something is accomplished usually.
- Only Sane Man
- Perpetual Frowner: Rarely smiles, and when he does, it's usually because he's going into Oh Crap mode.
- The Nicknamer: He has a tendency to give livestock names.
- "Well Done, Son" Guy: He went to the agriculture school partially to just get away from his parents, who have high standards for his education.
The other main character of the series, and Yugo's romantic interest.
- All Girls Like Ponies
- Heroic BSOD: Played for laughs whenever Yugo is is rumoured to be with another girl.
- Nice Girl: Very much.
- Stepford Smiler: It's been heavily hinted that she's less-than-enthusiastic about the prospect of taking over the family farm.
Yugo's classmate, fellow work group member, and Aki's neighbour back in the farm.
- Childhood Friend Romance: Hachiken suspects this of him and Aki when they're doing something that they refuse to tell him about.
- Dumb Jock: True enough with the traditional subjects, though subverted in other ways that most subjects in Yezo Agricultural are not of the 'traditional' variety.
- The Stoic
An outspoken member of the 1st Year Dairy Farming Program.
- Beautiful All Along: She was completely unrecognizable after she lost substantial amount of weight due to suffering from heat. For couple of chapters, that is.
- Meaningful Name: As stated by Tokiwa, she looks like a giant egg. The Japanese word for egg is "tamago".
- Fat Girl
- Money Fetish
Part of Yugo's work group. Wants to be a veterinarian.
Part of Yugo's work group. Family owns a chicken farm.
- Book Dumb: With Hachiken's help studying, Tokiwa got the best mark on a math test than he ever did in his life - 10%. His midterm results had him do perfectly in the subject of Animal Husbandry and decently Produce - just terrible on everything else.
- Butt Monkey: Sometimes he brings it upon himself, though.
Part of the Dairy Farming Program. Wants to start a cheese factory.
Yugo's Roommate, 1st Year Agriculture Program student
- Otaku: Though you wouldn't know it just by looking at him.
Yugo's Roommate, 1st Year Food Sciences Program student
- Not quite...he just can't run fast enough.
The 1st Year Dairy Program's Homeroom Teacher
Equestrian Club Advisor
Teacher in charge of the pigpen.
- Hot Amazon: Though not scantly-clad, being dressed in military fatigues gives her this aura. Also hinted to have skillz to back this up.
- Drives Like Crazy: Victims include a deer and a bear.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Though 'reasonable' may include loopholes to be freely taken advantage of.
- Miniature Senior Citizen
- Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant - Her reminiscing her old days can be rather disturbing, to say the least.
Nino and Misora
One of the co-owners of Gigafarm, a gigantic farming co-operative.
Tamako's Brother (Inada-senpai)
A third year student in the Food Sciences Program
- Bishonen: To a degree.
- Older Than They Look: Mistaken for Tamako's sister.
Arguably the biggest mystery of the series.
The horse Yugo's responsible for in the Equestrian Club.
- Snarky Non-Human Sidekick: Though less on the sidekick part and more on the "you're not the boss of me" part.
Butadon (Pork Bowl)
A pig Yugo got attached to.
- Cuteness Proximity: During its early days. Became a fat pig later on, to Yugo's dismay.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: One of the various ways Butadon ended up as
- The Fun in Funeral: And eating his delicious remains will be the memorial service!
Fukubuchou (Vice President)
A stray dog that Yugo adopted.
- Chick Magnet
- Cuteness Proximity: Exploited by the Equestrian Club to its full advantage.
- Team Pet: At least that's the plan so far.