The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
- Basic Trope: Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Two (or more) nations or tribes go to war over something trivial.
- Played Straight: Tropestan goes to war with Wikistan over the issue of whether it should be Alice and Bob or Bob and Alice.
- Exaggerated: World War III breaks out over whether it should be Alice and Bob or Bob and Alice.
- Justified: The issue really is Serious Business.
- Inverted: Tropestan and Wikistan sign a peace treaty in order that the soldiers can go home and watch the new season of TV shows.
- Alternatively, Tropestan and Wikistan go to war over something serious.
- Subverted: Tropestan and Wikistan come to an agreement over the Alice and Bob issue.
- Double Subverted: But Tropestan declares war because the ambassador from Wikistan put his elbows on the table at the celebratory dinner.
- Deconstructed: Leads to a lot of loss of lives and resources (not to mention long-held grudges) over something...trivial!
- Reconstructed: Tropestan and Wikistan have peace talks and resolve their differences without further conflict.
- Parodied: See "Double Subverted"
- Lampshaded: "All this...because two Wiki Nations have such Insistent Terminology?"
- Averted: Tropestan and Wikistan don't go to war.
- Invoked: The Ass in Ambassador makes a critical mistake when addressing King Bob the Nth and his wife Queen Alice.
- Defied: King Bob the Nth and Queen Alice decide it's not worth going to war over. It might still be a Rant-Inducing Slight, though.
- Played For Laughs: Almost always is, though it may be Gallows Humor or Dead Baby Comedy.
- Played For Drama: See "Deconstructed"
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.