|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Heather Mason, a.k.a. Cheryl Mason
A spunky 17 year old who's out on a shopping trip in a nearby town before the shopping mall she's in takes a turn for the worse.
- Action Girl: Probably what sets her apart from most Survival Horror female protagonists.
- Amnesiac Dissonance: Heather finds out through Harry's memoirs that she is Alessa reincarnated, but unlike Alessa, Heather chooses life over death.
- Apocalypse Maiden
- The Danza: Heather is named after the actress who voiced her. Her last name is not given in the credits, giving an impression of the character as herself, to the point that early promotional materials had her character name listed using the actress' full one -- Heather Morris. Justified in that listing Heather's real last name -- Mason (as in, Harry's daughter) -- would have spoiled a fairly significant plot point that comes about halfway through the game.
- Deadpan Snarker: She starts out mocking Douglas when most would be intimidated by his "gruff detective act," but when things start going to hell, this aspect of her personality diminishes a bit, since she's (with good reason) scared out of her wits. As time goes on and she starts accepting the madness around her, she starts up again, in particular snarking directly to the face of God herself.
- Eye Beam: HEATHAA BEAM!!
- Fetus Terrible: The reason Heather keeps doubling over in pain? She's still carrying the god Dahlia put into Alessa, and it wants out.
- Magical Girl: Unlockable secret for New Game+.
- Mirror Boss
- Plucky Girl: Unlike previous (and future) protagonists, heather is unruffled by attempts to scare her, which might explain her popularity.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Due to Harry Mason's death.
- Sleeves Are for Wimps
A member of the Order devoted to resurrecting God in order to create paradise.
- Big Bad
- Blondes Are Evil
- Does Not Like Shoes
- The Dog Bites Back: Finally has enough of Vincent and stabs him multiple times. She leaves the dagger embedded in him as he tumbles over.
- Evil Brit: Which is strange, since Silent Hill is in America and her own father has an American accent.
- Family-Unfriendly Death
- Forgotten Childhood Friend
- Freudian Excuse
- Good Colors, Evil Colors: Claudia wears a flowing black dress; Heather's in white.
- Red Right Hand: Claudia purposely lacks eyebrows to give her an unsettling appearance.
- No Body Left Behind
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: She admits that she will be unworthy to be part of Paradise due to her actions, but is resolute in her determination to do whatever is necessary to create it.
- You Killed My Father
- Defector From Decadence
- Enemy Mine
- Enigmatic Minion
- Expy: Of Dr. Kaufmann, another stooge of The order with a materialistic streak.
- Faux Affably Evil
- Four Eyes, Zero Soul
- In the Back
- Lack of Empathy: He seems to get off on the hardship of others.
- Large Ham
- Manipulative Bastard
- Milking the Giant Cow
- Perma Stubble
- Pragmatic Villainy: Sure, he exploits his own cult for money and is one of the most questionable guys you'll ever meet, but it's not like he wants to destroy the world or anything. That would get in the way of money.
- Sissy Villain: Vincent has a bit of this (e.g. criticizing Claudia's "decorations"), though nothing over-the-top.
- Slasher Smile
- Smug Snake
- Toothy Issue: His are discolored and rotted.
- Waistcoat of Style
A Private Detective hired by Claudia to track down Heather for her.
- Badass Beard
- Cool Old Guy
- Dead Little Sister: Or son, in his case.
- Guttural Growler
- Nice Hat
- Private Detective
- Knight in Sour Armor
- Arc Villain: For the hospital.
- Not Even Human: When Heather encounters Leonard, he's actually some kind of aquatic creature rather than a human being. Maybe. Leonard's daughter is human and no one ever makes note of his appearance. He could very well be human, and Heather may simply be seeing Through the Eyes of Madness.
A passive monster who is worshipped. He often appears through out the story as an important yet unsettling presence.
- Everything Is Better With Spinning: His valve-turning nature is actually symbolic.
- The Faceless
- Humanoid Abomination
- Non-Malicious Monster: Despite being creepy, Valtiel never actually harms you. He is seen attacking other monsters (as if to ensure Heather's safety) and goes out of his way to resurect Heather if she is to die, though this is probably due to the fact that she is carrying the god in her.
- He doesn't attack the monsters. He's seen carrying monsters because he's practicing for the time when Heathers gives birth to God.