The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Alternate Character Interpretation: Is any of the stuff Harry sees in Silent Hill even real, or he's just insane? The Mind Screw levels of the game make it look like that the player might have been intended to consider that, though later games seem indicate that everything was real.
- Complete Monster: Harry finds out that Dahlia fits this to a T after discovering she had her own daughter, Alessa, burned alive. Then kept her in an induced coma for seven years knowing she would be psychologically tortured by her nightmares, ordering Kaufmann to feed her drugs to keep her in pain so her other self would be called back to the tormented Alessa. If that doesn't cross the Moral Event Horizon, what does?
- Genius Bonus: Dahlia hands Harry the Flauros, a "cage of peace." Flauros is actually the duke of Hell.
- Instead of "Virgin" records, Silent Hill boasts the "Vestal" brand.
- Good Bad Bugs: Using the bottle of aglaophotis on one of the Larval Stalkers in the Lake Side Amusement Park allows one to skip straight to the (graphically glitched but otherwise unimpaired) cutscene after the confrontation with Cybil, allowing one to bypass the confrontation completely. Very handy for ten-star ranks and speed runs.
- Moral Event Horizon: Let's just say Dahlia won't be winning a Mother of the Year award anytime soon. See entry for Complete Monster above.
- Narm/Narm Charm: The game is infamous for its stilted voice acting, although some fans find this to be part of the appeal.
- The Woobie: Lisa, who was really a nice person caught up in a horrible situation. Made worse by Silent Hill Origins, where it's more or less revealed that Michael Kaufmann is blackmailing her for sex.. Alessa's situation sucks, too. Her mother kept in state of agony for seven years to give birth to a god.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: Alessa. After being tortured in her nightmares for seven years.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.