The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Examples of Signature Device include:
- Most stock costumes, which are themselves generally examples of Truth in Television. Particularly:
- Scrubs, stethoscopes and clipboards for doctors
- Guns and badges for police officers
- Cellphones, PDAs or Bluetooth headsets for businessmen
- Morphers for the titular Power Rangers
- Digivices for the Digidestined from Digimon
- Green Lantern Rings for the Green Lanterns and the other corps
- Controllers in Hunter X Hunter each have one.
- The Swords that the Shadow Chasers use.
- The Guns from Letter Bee that the Letter Bees all use.
- The Beyblades from Beyblade
- The eponymous Gundams
- Pokeballs and the Pokedex from Pokémon
- In the Dresden Files, the silver, anti-magic sword and unstainable grey cloak of the Wardens is this.
- Played with - focii help focus a wizard's magic in large part because they believe it will. However, there are also items imbued with power. Harry's are the staff and wand and duster (and gun).
- Wizards robes are both a symbol of office and because magic interferes with electronics, including heaters.
- The sonic screwdriver and Tardis of Doctor Who and the Time Lords
- Star Wars: Lightsabers, for Jedi
- The Guardians and their keytools in Re Boot
- The communicators designed by Robin and Cyborg in Teen Titans, which actually serve as a plot point.
- The transporter has appeared in every incarnation of Star Trek.
- Anything starting with the word "bat" in Batman.
- Keyblades in Kingdom Hearts.
- "Garage Door Openers" for all Stargate team members.
- Legion flight rings from The Legion of Super Heroes
- Transformation Trinket belts for Kamen Riders.
- The Books from Zatch Bell
- Zanpakouto in Bleach. (Dolls for the Filler Arc's Bounts.)
- Player Pins for Players in The World Ends With You
- In Castlevania, the Belmontsalmost always have the same set of secondary weapons: throwing knives, throwing axes, cross, holy water, and stopwatch.
- The transformation wands from Sailor Moon.
- The Vongola (Mare/Acrobaleno Pacifiers) Rings from Katekyo Hitman Reborn.
- Air blades (roller blades?) in Air Gear.
- Diaries (of all sorts) in Future Diary.
- Knightmare Frames from Code Geass.
- Tennis rackets in Prince of Tennis
- Zoids in...you guessed it!...Zoids
- Duel Disks in all their shapes and forms.
- The Assault Weapon Systems in Centurions.
- In the Sword of Truth it's the ... Sword of Truth. For the Seeker of Truth.
- At the palace of the prophets, the Rada'Han is this for wizards.
- Confessors' dresses.
- Higher-rank wizards wear simpler clothes.
- Defenders of the Lord Rahl wear special weapons with his crest.
- War Wizards' gear is this.
- The rings in the lips of the female slaves of the Imperial Order.
- Darken Rahl's curved knife.
- The Mord-Sith Agiel. Various colors of leather outfits, too.
- Masks in Bionicle.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.