|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Not to be confused with Signs of the End Times, which is when you're literally seeing signs of the apocalypse.
Kaoru cooking? Is it a sign of the apocalypse?
- Played with in Summerslam
Don't be ridiculous, it's not one of the signs of the apocalypse when he starts quoting Judy Garland. When he starts singing like Ethel Merman, then you've gotta worry.
Mike, in a relationship? Isn't that one of the signs of the Apocalypse?
I started to get annoyed, but was struck by the disturbing thought that if I did, I would be coming down on the same side of the situation as Charity, which might be one of the signs of the apocalypse.
Miss Fine and Miss Babcock walking arm in arm. Isn't that one of the biblical signs of the apocalypse?
- Rescue Me episode "Bitch".
Oh, sh*t. Sean Garrity readin' a book. That's the first sign of the apocalypse.
- Point Pleasant episode "Hell Hath No Fury Like a Woman Choked"
Well, you're falling in love. It's not one of the 7 signs of the Apocalypse. ... Is it?
- Puppets Who Kill episode "Dash the Greeter"
My God, no more attention. This is like one of the signs of the Apocalypse.
- In the final season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer they point to the band playing in the Bronze (Nerf Herder, a song from whom also provided the theme tune throughout the series) as a sign of the Apocalypse. At the same time as a lot of rather more conventional signs of the apocalypse are occurring.
- Family Ties:
Alex: She's right. I'm wrong, and Mallory's right. The world is ending!
- From Pearls Before Swine.
Rat: What is true happiness?...How does a dumb pig like you answer a question like that?
Pig: I think happiness is finding an extra couple of french fries at the bottom of the bag.
Rat: ...Pig made sense. The apocalypse is upon us.
- From Out There:
Chuck: Does this seem like a particularly awkward silence?
James: Dude, Miriam's not saying anything. It's the end times, man.
- From Penny and Aggie, when the two leads put their 'Betty and Veronica' rivalry behind them and become friends:
"But it can't be the Apocalypse today, the Mayan calendar says..."
- Humorously used in an episode of The Fairly Odd Parents. Timmy gets an "A", which the other students panic thinking it's the end of the world since he's normally a terrible student.
- She Ra Princess of Power
Hordak: The end of the world is upon us, Grizzlor has had an idea!
- Justice League Unlimited, in the grand finale, when Flash learns that the Martian Manhunter is married:
"These are the end times."