The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A reference to other work.
- Straight: Charlie makes a reference Work 091 by saying the most well-known quote from that book.
- Justified: Charlie is a huge Work 091 fan.
- Inverted: Take That
- Subverted: The audience, after some situation, expects Charlie to quote Work 091. Instead, he says an original quote.
- Double Subverted: After Charlie says the quote, Uma comments "I admire your resistance against temptation to quote Work 091 after what just happened."
- Deconstructed: Charlie is sued by the creator of Work 091 afterwards.
- Reconstructed: Charlie isn't sued, but he has to pay royalties.
- Charlie isn't sued--because the Shout-Out included due credit. The creator of Work 091 appreciates the free publicity.
- Parodied: The Shout-Out in question takes the form of an entire well-known scene from Work 091.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Nothing famous is referenced.
- Enforced: "We need to connect with our fans more-why don't we reference Work 091?"
- Lampshaded: "And in case you were wondering, that was a reference to Work 091."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: "I'm not gonna reference anything!"
- Discussed: "Now imagine if we would start quoting famous works based on a situation similar to this!"
- Conversed: "Aren't you gonna mention Work 091?"
- Played For Drama: Charlie is a major fan of Work 091, so much so that he constantly references it during the course of the storyline, leading other characters to wonder if he's unhealthily obsessed with it.
Back to Shout-Out.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.