During World War II, Nazi scientists created The Death Corps, nigh-invincible troopers made from the dead German soldiers. After carrying out few missions, they disappeared into the sea at the end of the war. An undersea quake years later awakenes them from their rest and they go after shipwrecked holiday-goers who are stranded on an island nearby.
These rose up from the depths:
- Big No
- Closed Circle: The island.
- Flare Gun: After colliding with the suddenly ascended ship, the yacht captain fires his flare gun to reveal its position.
- Foregone Conclusion: Rose being the only survivor.
- Ghostapo: Well preserved nazi zombies!
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Cushing's former SS-officer has a scar going over his right eye.
- How We Got Here: The film opens with Rose being rescued from the sea, who then tells us the events leading to it.
- Our Zombies Are Different: They are undead soldiers who are driven by their need to kill.
- Peek-a-Boo Corpse: Rose goes on a swim in the lake, only to run into Dobbs' corpse.
- Shirtless Scene
- Weakened by the Light: That's why the Death Corps wear goggles.
- Window Pain: Death Corps destory windows and other stuff when they search for protagonists in the house.
- Zombie Gait: Death Corps exhibit a stiff walking style.