|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The authors are Yoshiaki Tabata and Yugo Yuuki of Akumetsu and Wolf Guy Wolfen Crest fame. It certainly explains not just the beautiful artwork, but how MASSIVELY Darker and Edgier it is compared to the TV series.
Provides examples of:
- Arc Words: remember when kabuto's gramps says that mazinger has the power to become a demon and destroy the world? he wasn't kidding.
- After the End: The manga starts this way.
- Apocalypse How: DYNAMIC FIRE
- Breather Episode: after two very cynical time-lines the actual chapters are more lighter and comedic.
- Broken Bird : Minerva X. she gone through at least 2798 cycle of life of despair by witnessing the events where Mazinger become a demon in all of them, what can you expect ?
- Call Back : Tons of the flashbacks which was important to the plot. Also, The first chapter where the Gamia sisters are killed are a direct call back to the original manga.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Sayaka. Even more than in the original series. Get her jealous -and mad- enough, and she is able to tear three Mechanical Beasts apart. At once.
- Combat Tentacles: Professor Juuzo Kabuto
- Composite Character : 2798th version of Demon Mazinger Z are a combination of Mazinger Z with Mazinkaiser essentialy "pictured" on it in appearance.
- Darker and Edgier : Might or might not be for every other continuity. And HOW !
- Despair Event Horizon : 2797th and 2798th cycle version of Koji Kabuto.
- Downer Ending : This manga as a whole serve as one for original anime and manga continuity.
- Eldritch Abomination - apparently, Mazinger Z itself has potential to become one.
- Fan Service: It's Mazinger, what can you expect?
- Fan Disservice: Sayaka's death
- Flat What: In a chapter Kouji and Minerva-X are together inside the cockpit. During the battle Minerva lands on Kouji on a very awkward and embarassing position. Sayaka -who has just arrived and destroyed three Mechanical beasts in a fit of jealous rage- sees him, and they -after displayin a tremendously comical Oh Crap stares- try to explain it is not what it seems, and Minerva is not human but she actually is a Super Robo created by The Professor Dr. Kabuto to be Mazinger-Z's partner. Sayaka's reaction?
- Fun with Acronyms: Multidimensional Automaton Zillion Infinity Neural Generative Exterminate Reverter, it surprisingly It Makes Sense in Context
- Groundhog Peggy Sue
- Hot-Blooded: maybe even more than the original! Hell, in Chapter 6 & 7, Sayaka, of all people, becomes this after hearing some sexual innuendo.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: In one of the first chapters Sayaka was impaled by several huge, metallic rods. Later, Toros D7 tries to impale Mazinger and Aphrodite.
- Innocent Innuendo: Minerva X makes "interesting" sound after finally reunited with Mazinger Z(its complicated) inside the Pilder while sitting on Kouji's lap in a suggestive pose, much to Sayaka's chagrin.
- Laughing Mad : again, 2798th cycle version of Kouji Kabuto.
- My Hero Zero: Awfully subverted. Mazinger Zero is an Eldritch Abomination.
- Offing the Offspring: Juuzo does this to his son Kenzo. He then tries to do the same to his grandson, Kouji, and kills Sayaka just in case Kouji has impregnated her. He really wants the Kabuto line out of the way.
- Ridiculously Human Robot Girls: Minerva X and the Gamia Q's
- Reincarnation : Everyone, but most notably Kouji, before the start of the manga.
- Shout-Out: In Chapter 6, Sayaka, after hearing the words "Gangan Gangan" says that its not Getter Robo.
- The Immodest Orgasm : Minerva X's reaction while the Pilder docked with Mazinger Z.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Subverted when Dr. Hell -the seventy-years-old, Obviously Evil Big Bad- has one scene of him walking without shirt. Can you tell Fan Disservice?
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: oh dear god...hehe, god
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.