|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
A 2009 game developed by Frogware, which pits the famous detective against Jack the Ripper. The fifth game in the Frogware series, the story takes place in Victorian London and the major focus is on the district of Whitechapel, where the infamous murders took place. This puzzle/adventure game has a surprisingly large amount of historical accuracy, as real evidence is used to help deduce the identity of the killer, and the player, as either Holmes or Watson, can interrogate real suspects from the period.
Article Needs Wiki Magic Love.
Tropes Found Within the Game:
- Heroic Blue Screen of Death: Holmes, of all people, goes through this upon uncovering the scene of the final murder.
- I Can't Use These Things Together
- Jerkass: Holmes does go into this mode at times; Watson flatly tells him to knock it off at one point.
- Let's Play: One here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjn5J9Th9fk
- Red Herring
- Serial Killer: Holmes is on the trail of one of history's most notorious
- Vomit Discretion Shot: Watson didn't take the description of one murder scene too well. Especially as he had just finished eating breakfast...