|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
In 2030, the world is threatened by the forces of Metal Command. Steve Hermann loses his hands in an accident, and gets them replaced with cyborg hands. He decides this is enough to take on this evil group and save the world.
The game is a side-scrolling action game in which the player not only has punching as the primary attack, but also robot drones as secondary attacks, with what kind of robot being decided by how you pick up certain power ups.
Provides Examples Of:
- All There in the Manual
- Artificial Limbs
- Boss Rush
- Chain-Reaction Destruction
- Dolled-Up Installment: But didn't originally start out as that.
- Dual Boss: The bosses in the oil refinery level.
- Evil Counterpart: Final boss has an Evil Bot, complete with an Evil Super Mode.
- Frickin' Laser Beams: The laser bot.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: Just with bionic fists.
- Gravity Screw: The anti-gravity center level.
- Ground-Shattering Landing: Final boss, setting the floor on fire in the process.
- Inconveniently-Placed Conveyor Belt
- Invulnerable Knuckles: Literally, Steve can punch bullets away.
- Kill It with Fire: The pyrobot.
- One Up: Can be bought with enough money at select sections.
- Palette Swap: Steve's jacket turns from green to red when you buy the double attack Power-Up.
- Pinball Projectile: The "bounce" bot fires projectiles that rebound off walls.
- Punched Across the Room: Everything that doesn't go into Chain-Reaction Destruction.
- Rule of Three: Three alpha or beta powerups need to be collected to activate a robot.
- Super Mode: When two sets of the same powerups are collected in a row.
- Super Not-Drowning Skills: Steve has no problem moving around in water for a long period of time.
- Take Over the World: What Metal Command is seeking to do.
- Under the Sea: Part of the filtration plant level takes place underwater.
- We Can Rebuild Him: Steve getting his new hands.