|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
In the land of Nirhal, enchantment is an art that tempts with promises of power, wealth and miracles, but in the end only corrupts and destroys. 500 years ago, it took a war to save Nirhal from its influence. Now, in spite of the lessons of the past, there are signs that the corruption that nearly destroyed The Kingdom is beginning to reemerge.
The comic can be found here. It updates on Thursdays.
Trope examples in Shadows of Enchantment:
- Action Girl: Serris.
- Bald of Awesome: Tyrus.
- Body Horror: You do not want to see behind Tyrus's mask.
- Breakout Character: Serris is theoretically the heroine, but so far Tyrus has gotten a lot more screen time.
- Collector of the Strange: Vrill.
- Cool Gate: Magic is good for making these.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Tyrus has been horribly mutated, and usually hides it In the Hood, but he's an unambiguously heroic character.
- Disney Villain Death: The enchanter in Deeprock.
- Enemy Mine: Why Garn freed Tyrus from prison in Aldria.
Garn: "I find that when you intend to betray someone powerful, it's best not to be his only enemy."
- Faux Action Girl: Jeanie.
- Frame-Up: The comic pretty much opens up with Serris being framed for conspiracy to assassinate The Captain of the Aldrian Royal Guard.
- Green Eyes: Tyrus has adorable ones.
- Knife Nut: Tyrus, and also Garn. Those knives of theirs are scary.
- MacGuffin: The mysterious dagger that the bad guys keep mentioning.
- Revealed to be a huge reservoir of enchantment power.
- Magic Is Evil: Aldria considers the mere existence of a new batch of enchanters to be cause for high military alert.
- Mysterious Mercenary Pursuer: Garn, before his Heel Face Turn.
- Nakama: Serris, Tyrus and Aiden, defenders of Deeprock!
- No Ontological Inertia: A common annoyance for the heroes in the past has been for them to heroically slay a huge, hideous monster, only for its corpse to revert to a dead squirrel or something.
- The Paralyzer: Tyrus uses dewclaws tipped with a knockout poison, but the principle is the same.
- Phantom Thief: Tyrus passes the time as one.