The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Shadow Era is an cross-platform, completely free CCG supported on various systems (Web, PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Android). Shadow Era was designed to be an easy-to-learn and fun to play card game that could be played without paying a dollar.
Tropes used in Shadow Era include:
- Badass Long Robe: Two of the heroes, Nishaven (as seen on the homepage) and Eladwen Frostmire, wear one of these, as do other characters and cards.
- The Berserker: Most of the Warrior-type heroes are portrayed as this, and the weapons that they can equip further the idea. Two of those weapons increase in damage when an ally dies, one for your allies and one for your foes.
- Black Mage: The Mage Heroes are offensive-minded magic-users. They use fire, ice, poison, electricity and many more elements.
- Booby Trap: Hunters can set face down trap cards, although as of writing they only are set off by summoning an ally and only effect is to kill/damage/entrap said ally.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: "Rabid Bite" makes the attached attack their hero and then makes said ally die.
- Bribing Your Way to Victory: While the game does allow you to play completely free, the option to pay still exists. Players earn gold for every battle and Shadow Crystals for each level they gain. Shadow Crystals are used to buy packs or decks; gold is used for individual cards. Gold isn't buyable, but the Shadow Crystals are.
- Cast From Hit Points: Several attacks (Supernova), allies (Brutal Minotaur), and weapons (Rusty Sword) can damage your Hero card under various conditions. Other cards reduce the amount of resources you can use (Shriek of Vengence).
- Chainmail Bikini: Cards with females as the art almost always have some form of revealing armor/clothing.
- Competitive Balance:
- Glass Cannon: Several card have a much higher attack then health (such as the Blake Windrunner) and one support card for elementals (Shard of Power) allows for your monsters to have increased attack for having only one health.
- Stone Wall: One of the armors (Armor of Ages) gives massive defense while preventing your hero from attacking.
- The mage cards can easily become this (particularly the human ones), with many of their cards revolve around preventing the enemy from attacking with allies while slowly killing the enemy hero with Fire and Poison.
- Any ally with the protector attribute force the enemy to attack them before they can attack any other ally. One of these cards has no attack.
- Fragile Speedster: Several cards allies can be played with only one resource, with one of them being able to attack the round it is summoned. However, at best these allies have only two health, if that, meaning just about anything can kill them in a single hit.
- Fighter, Mage, Thief: Used for heroes on both teams (Human and Shadow).
- The four most basic types of heroes are Warrior, Mage, and Hunter. There are two human allies that are Rouges.
- Standard Status Effect: Poison, burn, paralyzed, confused, frozen, and instant death are all fairly common card effects.
- White Magic: The Priest Hero uses white magic to bolster and rejuvenate allies in play.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.