|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
"Walk This Way, please."
"If I could walk that way..."
When a woman walks along wearing high heels. Her hips wiggle back and forth, and she's more than likely to be wearing something tight enough that your eyes are drawn to her gorgeous legs and hind quarters. This is often used as part of a Hello, Nurse! introduction. You can be sure The Vamp will walk like this.
- A Reebok advert for trainers is nothing but this. Apparently they have "micro instabilities" that help you tone your bum and hips. Some have had to watch it a couple of time before they understood what it was actually selling.
Anime & Manga
- Parodied in One Piece by Quirky Miniboss "Miss Doublefinger", whose hips swing dramatically from side to side with each step (or between every panel when she appears in the manga).
- Urusei Yatsura: Sakura's first day as the school nurse has what looks like the entire student body on the front lawn to watch her walk in... which makes Ataru's reaction all the more interesting.
- Queens Blade: Melona does this all the time. Especially during the end credits.
- Club 9: Haruo the prospective hostess gets training from her already professional friend in this.
- Mawaru Penguindrum: Himari's hat (long story) has one hell of a sexy walk when possessing Himari as part of her Fetish Fuel Station Attendant nature.
Films -- Animation
- Jessica Rabbit walks this way in Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
Films -- Live-Action
- Marilyn Monroe had a famous sexy walk, which she displayed in several films. In Some Like It Hot, Jerry (Jack Lemmon) comments: "Look at that! Look how she moves. That's just like Jell-O on springs. She must have some sort of built-in motors. I tell you, it's a whole different sex!" Apparently she accentuated it by shortening the heel of one of her shoes, which forced her to adjust her legs more. There's a funny story about her walking down the street giving an interview, while not being recognized at all. At one point she turns to the interviewer and asks if he'd like to see "her". She starts doing her famous walk and is instantly turning heads and getting recognized.
- Shaolin Soccer: The pretty Asian girl who walks down the street while Sing and Fung talk about martial arts. Played with in that she trips on a Banana Peel and falls flat on her behind.
- The Girl Can't Help It: Jayne Mansfield as Jerri Jordan. Looking at her walk causes a milkman to spill his milk, an ice man to melt his block of ice, and another man's glasses to spontaneously fracture.
- The musical How to Succeed In Business Without Really Trying has a blast of raunchy music that plays every time Sexy Secretary Hedy LaRue goes into her walk.
- The Belgian cult film Any Way the Wind Blows has a scene of a tall blonde office assistant walking down a sunny street in slow motion, her lover following close behind, supported by a rather suggestive soundtrack. The walk itself is not emphasized, but literally everybody stares as she goes by. The scene goes on for two whole minutes.
- Scarlett Johansson gets a rather nice one in Iron Man 2 when she first appears in her Black Widow outfit.
- Mysterious Skin: Rare male version; Joseph Gordon-Levitt inis a good example.
- In The Aeneid, Aeneas recognizes Venus in disguise "By her stride". Kind of awkward, seeing as she's his mother.
- Discworld: Adora Belle Dearheart can walk "like a snake trying to sashay".
- In the French police novels series San-Antonio, a sexy woman walking by is sometimes described as "trying to write some calculation with her ass, the like of 'I put down 8 and carry over 1'...".
- Mad Men: Most women display it (even the housewives), but it's most in play when Joan is on the screen. Makes sense, given that she's Christina Hendricks.
- Star Trek:
- Family Matters. :
- Played with. Carl is going to go undercover as a woman, and has to learn how to walk like one, so enlists his wife for help. Then they make out. Then Steve walks in.
- Played with in another episode; Steve Urkel is having some kind of Film Noir fantasy, with him as the Private Detective and all the other cast members filling various noir roles. Predictably, since it's Steve's fantasy, Laura is the Vamp. Every time she walks, a sound track of drums going boomp-bada-boomp-bada-boomp plays. At one point Steve snaps at her with "Would you sit down?! I can't think with those drums playing!"
- Saturday Night Live
- Weekend Update covered a recent list of the sexiest women in comics, and Jessica Rabbit made the list. Jessica Biel walked in as Mrs. Rabbit, complete with drums.
- The parody of Mad Men, featuring Jason Sudeikis and Kristen Wiig as 1960s-era A-Holes who meet the characters of Mad Men [some played by the actual actors; others impersonated by the cast members]) and had Casey Wilson as Christina Hendricks's character Joan. It was lampshaded when she said, "I'm leaving. Wanna watch?" and every character (except Bill Hader as Sal) were fixated on her.
- Caprica Six of Battlestar Galactica Reimagined often walks this way around Gaius Baltar.
- In The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Summer Glau carefully and intentionally gave Cameron a sexy walk.
- Rimmer of Red Dwarf gains a (fortunately brief) sexy walk in "Balance of Power" when his hologrammatic form is merged with Kochanski's hips. And one breast. Six series later, Kochanski's sexy walk reappears -- with Kryten.
- Fran from Final Fantasy XII. She comes entire race of bunny girls who, managed to evolve in such a way that high heel help them balance. Her steel thong does not help, nor do its magic camera-attracting powers.
- Metal Gear Solid has the infamous scene where you must identify Meryl in disguise by her Sexy Walk.
- Ellia from Eternal Darkness. Take your thumb off of the run button, and walk as Alex. Damn fine.
- World of Warcraft: Roll a female draenei, and you'll see why "/waggle" has become a meme. (Although, in that case, it's not a matter of high heels; it's a matter of being unguligrade.) Hell, half the females in World of Warcraft walk like this -- Night Elf and Blood Elf women, and to a lesser extent orc and troll ones as well. Not to mention the warlock's summonable Succubus minion. Draenei just happen to be exception in that the female half of their entire race happen to stick their butts out. Always.
- Bayonetta. Bayonetta swings her hips a foot in either direction when she walks normally. Her stance is so exaggerated that even when standing still her feet are placed on the opposite sides of her center of mass.
- Neverwinter Nights: The opposite sex party member in "A Harper's Tale" will complain about how distracting walking behind your character is. He/she immediately turns down an offer to walk in front, however.
- City of Heroes recently introduced the ability to "walk", giving each "body type" (male, female, and huge) it's own unique swagger. The female version is... almost back-breaking to watch, but DAMN it looks sexy.
- The Elder Scrolls games (III' and IV at least) have a Game Mod that allows this.
- The female character models in Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain do this, most noticeably in a crouched stance.
- Ashelin of the Jak and Daxter series certainly counts. This, combined with a few other elements makes it difficult to pay attention to the actual dialogue in any story-relevant cutscenes that she's in.
- Alicia Claus in Bullet Witch.
- Vanessa in P.N.03.
- Bad Girl in No More Heroes.
- Litchi Faye-Ling from Blaz Blue as demonstrated here
- Samara and Miranda in Mass Effect 2.
- This is Trish's standard walk in Marvel vs. Capcom 3. On the other hand... even Deadpool walks like this during his Level 3 Hyper Combo -- until you hit him then you get Life Bar in your face, the love of the Hyper Combo Bar, and a home run.
- First Encounter Assault Recon: Alma does one sneaking up behind Beckett in a destroyed Subway train.
- Carmen in The Path goes trudging through the forest dressed like she's off to the club, seducing any animals that may be watching, no doubt.
- Pretty much all the on-screen women in Batman: Arkham City. Special mentions go to Catwoman, who is a Third Person Seductress, and Talia al Ghul, whom the game has you follow at one point with her assets prominently framed.
- Aya in OneChanbara
- In the Saints Row games where you can chose a woman in the Character Customization, her slowest walking speed does this.
- Mathilda in MadWorld
- The entire point of the KISS song "Strutter".
- Re Boot
- Hexadecimal is rather famous for her slinky walk, with one particularly well-known shot of it being used in the opening credits for Seasons 1 and 2. In fact, at one point in the Playstation game, Hex attempts to seduce Bob by masquerading as Dot, but her walk ends up giving her away.
- Mouse in "The Great Brain Robbery" episode when she walks past Megabyte. The virus himself is unable to resist staring at her swaying butt.
Mouse: Let's get this show on the road, my meter's running.
- Minerva Mink from Animaniacs does this a lot. As do Hello, Nurse!.
- Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes: Black Widow and Maria Hill are both examples.
- Rocky and Bullwinkle: Natasha walks almost as a crudely-animated parody of this.