|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
"How about it? Why don't you go out with me, Seryou?"
Touji Seryou was famous in his school for his good looks and an unusual habit: he would go out with anyone who confesses to him first on Monday, be a perfect boyfriend and then break up with that person a week after. One Monday, Yuzuru Shino, a male senior, asked Seryou out on a whim to see how he would react and Seryou accepted. Thus, the two started a seven day relationship.
"Seven Days" presents examples of:
- Brilliant but Lazy: Common opinions regarding Seryou and archery.
- The Casanova: Seryou seems to be one but in truth he is serious about relationships, just in a rather abnormal way. He is also a bit of a Chaste Hero.
- Hidden Depths: The Aesop of the story
- Lap Pillow: A rare male-male example in volume 1.
- Japanese School Club: Both Yuzuru and Seryou are talented members of archery club at school.
- Looking for Love In All the Wrong Places: Seryou's one-week dates is to find a person whom he can love and who loves him. Ironically, that only makes the people who date him think they are just his flings and consequently treat the relationship as a weekly habit.
- Name's the Same: Yuzuru's surname and the name of Seryou's first crush are both pronounced Shino (but written with different kanji), prompting Seryou to ask for Yuzuru's permission to be on First-Name Basis right away when they first went out.
- Seme and Uke: Unusually, averted. Neither of the two main characters fits obviously into either role at all.
- Sempai-Kohai: Yuzuru is Seryou's sempai.
- Sleep Cute: Yuzuru on Seryou on their date at the movies.