|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Analysis • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- At the beginning:
Wash: If Kaylee doesn't give us some extra flow from the engine room to offset the burn-through, this landing is gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define "interesting".
Wash: "Oh God oh God we're all gonna die"?
Mal: '[over intercom] This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we might experience some slight turbulence, and the… explode. [to Wash] Can you shave the vector?
Wash: I'm doing it, it's not enough.
Mal: Well, just get us on the ground.
Wash: That part'll happen pretty definitely!
- "We're gonna explode? I don't wanna explode!"
- As River fights in the bar:
Fanty: Do you know that girl?
Mal: I really don't.
- Kaylee after Simon confesses his feelings for her:
Simon: In all that time on the ship... I've always regretted... not being with you.
Kaylee: With me? You mean to say... as in sex?
Simon (flustered): I... mean to say.
Kaylee: To Hell with this. I'm gonna live!
- When they enter the bar:
Kaylee: It's been going on a year now I ain't had nothin' betwixt my nethers that weren't run on batteries!
Mal: Oh god! I can't know that!
Jayne: I could stand to hear a little more.
- After the Reaver chase at the beginning:
Simon: River! Are you alright?
River: I swallowed a bug...
- This exchange:
Mal: Do you want to run this ship?!
Mal: Well...[beat] you can't!
- Those grenades Mal didn't want Jayne to take along... one Reaver ship later:
Jayne: "Boy, it sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don't you think?"
- A guard at the company the crew is robbing asks for a password. Jayne fires his machine gun.
- The guard then discussing where he wants to be shot (so he can avoid punishment for allowing the robbery to take place), with him and Mal debating the merits of a bullet through various areas of human anatomy.
Mal: The leg is good, it'll bleed plenty, and we avoid any necessary organs.
Guard: I was thinking more of a graze...
Mal: Well, you don't want it to look like you just gave up.
- Jayne calling for Mal when the Reavers arrive:
Every heist he's gotta start yellin' my name!
- Ahem... Ceiling River. That is all.
- "I've staked my crew's life on the theory you're a person, actual and whole. And if I'm wrong, you'd best shoot me now." *click* "… or… we could talk more."
- "Zoe, ship is yours. Remember, if anything happens to me, or you don't hear from me within the hour, you take this ship and you come and you rescue me!
- "Yes, I've read a poem. Try not to faint."
- When the Operative and Mal first meet, and Mal tries to goad him:
The Operative: Captain Reynolds, I should tell you so that you don't waste your time; you cannot make me angry.
Inara: Please, spend an hour with him.
- At the heist at the beginning, they open the safe door...only to find almost nothing in it.