|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Senji Works is a business that solves the problems of anyone that is willing to enter their doors and pay their fees. Harima Kago learns firsthand how Senji Works runs as he is forced to go on the dangerous jobs with the eccentric Senji and his equally quirky employees in order to pay them back for a debt he owes them. Thrown into the world of special humans with the mysterious and dangerous power known as 'Free', Harima must follow Senji into these dangerous situations if he wants to live long enough to pay back the debt.
Senji Works by Tedi-Medoru is an original work on Fictionpress that has been reviewed as one of the better manga stories on the site despite some grammer mistakes and misspellings. Author is currently rewriting the first eleven chapters so that the story has less inconsistencies. Updates usually happen from a few days to a week.
- The Alcatraz: It's even called Neo Alcatraz.
- Aura Vision: Senji's Mental Free gives him a version of this ability.
- Berserk Button: While Senji loves to kept his laid-back personality in most situations, there are a few things that will anger him enough to become serious. Fighting dirty, hitting a woman that won't hit back, and trying to kill his employees are some ways to seriously anger Senji.
- Combat Pragmatist: The Fear of Loss Kayo is described as such by Senji.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Ameno is this. Became a rich and corrupt businessman because his Mental Free allows him to steal thoughts and make the victim forget he ever had the thought.
- The Determinator: Senji takes this far enough to be a unique fighting style. His Master at the police academy is implied to be one too.
- Elemental Powers: Quite a few Free have elemental powers.
- Extra Ore Dinary: The Fear of Hunger Natsume's Free that allows her to turn her body and anything she touches into any solid that she ate.
- Green Thumb: The Fear of Nature Akina's Free
- Paper Master: The Fear of Knowledge Kota's Free
- Playing with Fire: Shiya's Free. Worth noting that despite having a fire-based Free, Shiya does not have the personality traits associated with characters with fire-based abilities.
- Shock and Awe: Terui Hakanda's Free
- Good Old Fisticuffs: Senji only uses his bare fists to fight until he decides to use his Armament Free 'Arrest Knuckles' which have the power to make Senji's aura solid and visible.
- Infectious Insanity: Narumi Amnia's Mental Free causes those around him to slowly go mad and his Physical Free makes even his surrounding go insane. His daughter, Aiko Tsura, has the exact opposite Free, the ability to make everyone around her sane.
- Killer Yoyo: Ian's Weapon of Choice since his Free isn't an offensive-type.
- Made of Iron: A lot of the characters take attacks that could break through concrete and steal and end up, only slightly hurt. The Fear of Hunger Natsume and Senji Works employee Lin, however, are sometimes ,literally, made out of iron.
- Not So Different: More than a few characters have noticed that Harima has the same eyes as the ex-Senji Work's employee Hiroto Amagami.
- Name's the Same: Senji shares his name with another Senji and even has the same past occupation but similarities end there.
- Only Sane Man: Harima until Rei appears and becomes one of the main characters.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: At first, Rei was thought to be a ghost and even had a ghost-like appearance but it was soon found out that she is in fact one of the Free Users that has unlocked the Soul Free, an ability that turns the user into a being close to being called a ghost. The Soul Free, however, requires that the user dies with a strong will to live and is brought back to life soon afterwards. Users of the Soul Free gain the abilities usually to ghosts such as phasing, invisibility, and flight but at the cost of having one part of their body changed in some form.
- Perception Filter: Senji Works' employee Kira has this as his Mental Free and to make him harder to find, his Nature Free is capable of surrounding the area with fog. Kira, however, adds a nice twist to this ability when he uses his Physical Free, the ability to completely wipe out his existence for three seconds.
- Power Nullifier: the ability of Harima's Mental Free is to negate every Mental Free in the range of his Free.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: A favorite tactic of Senji's, as he uses it in almost fight he's in.
- Sleep Mode Size: the Elegant Gothic Lolita Atsuko's real age is twenty-five and she only turns back when she removes the mysterious bracelet around her arm. Atsuko's Free increases in power with age, meaning the Super Strong Child she already was becomes even stronger.
- Utopia Justifies the Means: The Fears plan on destroying New York, London, and Tokyo either with nukes or by releasing the three strongest Free Users in Neo Alcatraz into each city and let them destroy it has this for their reason.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: The result of the Soul Free's effect on Rei's hair.
- What Kind of Lame Power Is Heart, Anyway?: Some of the Free abilities in the story might come across as this.