|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A Take That against the creator of the work, or a character insults themselves.
- Straight: After a fighting scene, Bob comments "And here I thought I couldn't get uglier."
- Exaggerated: ???
- Justified: Bob doesn't want to insult his friends, so he just insults himself instead.
- Inverted: Bob brags about himself and everything that he does.
- Subverted: ???
- Double Subverted: ???
- Deconstructed: Bob isn't joking around-he actually feels that his hurtful comments about himself are true.
- Reconstructed: With the support of his friends, Bob starts to see the funny side, and learns to laugh at himself.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: ???
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: Because Bob spends half his life insulting himself, he's unaffected when the Big Bad begins insulting him. "Sorry, but I'm the only person allowed to insult me."
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Played For Laughs: ???
- Played For Drama: ???
Back to Self-Deprecation.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.