|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Seekers is a fantasy Web Comic by Kerstin "Eph" Veith-Szuplinski centering around a small, winged, hungry little creature named Giselda. She leaves her family home in search of adventure in the human city of Yonar. Once there, the innocent wingling gets more adventure than she ever thought possible as she gets caught up in thievery, assassination plots and conspiracies. Not to mention a mysterious, powerful wingling man.
Can be found here
Provides examples of:
- Apologetic Attacker - Errol profusely apologizes to the female Lizaar as he delivers a sound beating to her.
- Attention Deficit Ooh Shiny - Giselda is very easily distracted, even at very serious times. While learning of Cato's plight, she gets distracted by Ellis's pretty hair.
- Author Guest Spot - Eph and several forum friends are often characters in the gag strips.
- The Beast Master - Giselda.
- Big Eater - Giselda will scarf anything that is set in front of her. Even when it doesn't belong to her.
- Bishonen - Eloya is a very pretty man.
- Boobs of Steel - Cato is the hardest fighter of the group (male or female) and the most well endowed.
- Can't Hold Her Liquor - Giselda passes out after one cup of straight liquor.
- Country Mouse - Giselda in Yonar.
- Darkskinned Blonde - Cato.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette - Nareen.
- Friend to All Living Things - Giselda.
- Handsome Lech - Eloya shows shades of this. Especially in the gag comics.
- Horse of a Different Color - The Winglings ride chickens.
- Kiss Kiss Slap - Takchi did deserve it, you have to admit.
- Les Yay - Giselda's first encounter with Cato has small hints that her reaction to her goes a bit beyond impressed (she wonders why her heart is beating so fast as she watches her leave). Cato also seems to have an odd soft spot for Nareen, especially having just met her. When she touches her face at the jail, it is almost romantic.
- Like Brother and Sister - Giselda thought this was the relationship she had with Takchi. Then he made his declaration of love before she left and confused everything.
- Missing Mom - Giselda's mother died when she was rather young. The reason hasn't been explained yet, just that Takchi took care of her like a brother through it.
- Ms. Fanservice - Giselda's panties are often a topic of forum discussions and gag strips.
- Naive Newcomer - Giselda's first twenty four hours in the big city include her arguing with guards over the strange rules of where she may and may not go, nearly getting swindled by a dishonest merchant, and trying on clothes in public.
- Nosebleed - Giselda gives a Wingling merchant a gusher when she tries on a dress right at his stall, which lacked a dressing room.
- Older Than They Look - Giselda is thirty (the coming of age for winglings) but she looks to be in her late teens.
- Our Fairies Are Different - Giselda is a Wingling, not a Fairy. And she'll be sure to correct you.
- Purple Eyes - Giselda
- Rapunzel Hair - Nareen
- Sexy Silhouette - This is how Eloya first becomes aware of Giselda's existence.
- Talking Is a Free Action - Errol yammers non stop during the battle royale. It ends up costing him the match in the end, though.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl - Cato and Nareen respectively.
- Unlucky Childhood Friend - Takchi just can't seem to get Giselda to take his feelings toward her seriously.
- You Fight Like a Cow - Errol's trash talking during the duels.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair - Giselda's jade green hair counts. Word of God has said it's dyed. She's a natural blond, but winglings will color their hair to match their environment.
- Welcome to the Big City - Again, Giselda's first experiences in Yonar.