|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
"Ishin.""If this is war, remember that I will not hold back."
He walked past her, and turned around, his hands in the pockets of his slacks. There was amusement in his eyes, and a smirk playing around his mouth. He leaned down and placed his lips against her ear.
—Chapter 3: There are all kinds of War and fish.
This fanfiction contains examples of:
- Action Girl: Sarakshi Ishin, a judoka who isn't intimidated by... well, anything.
- Anti-Hero: Marjani.
- A Glass of Chianti: Of course.
- Backstory: Marjani Suoh, as of Chapter 12.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: Yes. One can make a case for Tora.
- Badass Boast:
"Want." Tora's voice was a drawl. "Is not a word that applies to me."
- Beach Episode: Subverted, when it is used to advance the plot, and not for fanservice.
- Berserk Button: Don't ever suggest that Sarakshi might be influenced by another's power or money.
- Biker Babe: Sarakshi.
- Black and Gray Morality: Tora Igarashi.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Marjani. Surprisingly, he deals with it quite well. Quite well being a relative term, of course.
- Deadpan Snarker: Most of the main characters. Some examples:
Tora (looking around her apartment, which is far smaller than his house): This is it?
Sarakshi: Not everyone falls in the rich, perverted, psycho category.
Sarakshi: Your shirt smells of grass.
Marjani: That is a highly flattering compliment, Sarakshi. I don't know how I've survived so far without it.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Both played straight and subverted.
- Evil Is Sexy: Tora. Tora. Hell, Tora.
- Fiery Redhead: Sarakshi. Justified, considering she lives on her own, has to take of herself all the time, and must deal with people like Tora.
- Freudian Excuse: Subverted. Considering all Sarakshi has been through, you'd think she'd harbour at least some bitter feelings towards people who are better off. She doesn't. She's content with and enjoys her life; and the only reason she's snappish around Tora is that he's a massive jerk.
- Hot-Blooded: Sarakshi.
- I Shall Taunt You: Tora to... well, almost everyone. Sarakshi in particular, though.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: One could make a case for Tora.
- Lampshade Hanging:
"My wife and I are throwing a dance in honour of someone we consider as a daughter. We would.. appreciate it if you join us in our time of happiness."
"You would.. appreciate if I join you." Sarakshi repeated drily. "Right. Because it isn't odd at all to go up to random people in the street, and let them know you'd appreciate if they joined you in your time of happiness."
- Last-Name Basis: Sarakshi and Tora to each other. Marjani to Sarakshi in the beginning, even though she always calls him Marjani.
- Oh Crap: Sarakshi (who's agreed to let Tora take off her shirt, if she loses to him) when she realizes Tora knows the person he just defeated isn't a guy, but her dressed as one.
- Plucky Girl: The sole reason the fanfiction exists, is because of Sarakshi's "pluckiness."
- Shout-Out: Sarakshi's last name is a shoutout to Bleach. Marjani Suoh's? You guessed it, Ouran High School Host Club.
- Smart People Play Chess: Tora challenges Sarakshi to a game of chess, early on in the FF. She's distracted, which gives him an easy win.
- Snark to Snark Combat: Whenever Tora or Sarakshi talk.
Tora: Who do you think Hoseki's representatives would believe? One of the maids from a café that has done a grand event for the first time, or the well-mannered and chivalrous Igarashi heir?
Sarakshi: Well-mannered. Chivalrous. Excuse me while I gag, Igarashi.
Tora: I'm sure something as unattractive as that would be right up your street.
- Sophisticated As Hell: Tora Igarashi.
- Student Council President: Necessary Weasel, since Tora is shown to be extremely powerful in the manga/ anime.
- Supreme Chef: It is implied that Sarakshi is one.
- Confirmed as of Chapter 18.
- Tall, Dark and Handsome: Marjani Suoh. Need I say more?
- The Casanova: Tora.
- The Fashionista: Linda could be the poster-girl for this trope.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Yuki Shinomori. She's referred to as one in the story. Somewhat Deconstructed when it's revealed that she believes it's an act she puts up because she's expected to act like an ideal traditional woman.