|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
A novel series written by User:Absol Fimbulvetr. This tells the story of Seth Rosenwell, a newly recruited demon slayer and his struggle in slaying demons. Along with him are Julianne Phoenix, the leader of Red Crow; Slash, the second in command; Marya, the mute girl; Jack, Marya's boyfriend; and Jessica, a somewhat pervert girl.
Currently the story has been written up to File 20, with 5 "bonus" episodes. The Word of God states that there will be 60 files, 20 for each book. Then again, he said that it would be 25 files per book before, so...
The story can be read here.
Secret File provides examples of:
- Action Girl: Most notably Julie, the leader of the Red Crow, though Jessica and Marya also counts.
- An Arm and a Leg: Seth had his arm tore out. During his first mission, nonetheless. It Gets Better, fortunately.
- Also a reason slayers need Ether.
- Artificial Limb: Marya lost her left arm years ago. She made her own replacement arm. And it's detachable too.
- Awesomeness By Analysis: Seth. He is stated as a very observant person, and can very quickly make a reasonable deduction, most of which is right.
- Badass: if you count slaying demon as a badass job, that is.
- Beige Prose: clearly.
- Big Brother Instinct: Seth always wants to protect Emma, his sister. Even if she's already stronger than him in terms of demon-slaying. He still insists of doing it anyway, though.
- Book Dumb: Seth. Never pays attention in class and always gets bad marks. At least he passed the final exam, though.
- Averted by Seth's friend, Graf, who showed an amazing grade while also being competent in slaying demons.
- Catch Phrase: Julie's "Good luck, and stay alive".
- Though, the "stay alive" part is not really needed anyway.
- Also, Seth's "Huh".
- Christmas Special: Downplayed in that nothing especially important happened. There is still an important thing to notice, though.
- Cute Mute: Marya, after an incident in her past. She's still able to communicate using written language anyway.
- Death Is Cheap: Thanks to Ether.
- Elemental Powers:
- First-Person Smartass: Hand-in-hand with Inner Monologue for Seth.
- Five-Man Band:
- Genius Bruiser: Alex has repeatedly shown that he's reading up books in his free time. Medical books, at that.
- Good Bad Girl: A variation. Jessica is always seen flirting with Seth, but she never goes for more than that.
- Halloween Episode: The Halloween Hunt, where slayers could kill as many demons as possible, openly, because everyone would think they are street performers.
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: "File (insert episode number here): (insert title here) - (insert five-word subtitle here)"
- Jerkass: Alex to Seth, though he's generally nice to everyone else. All because Seth doesn't call him "Slash".
- Mission Briefing: Every time before a planned mission.
- Mutual Masquerade: Emma finds out and reveals that Seth is also a Slayer. She has been one for a few years before Seth, though, so she has access to more info.
- Ordinary High School Student: Seth starts out as one, but later graduates. He then proceed to be a full time demon slayer.
- Revive Kills Zombie: Quoted verbatim. "Revive kills zombie. Even the video games do teach you the right things, once in a while."
- Power Levels: Most of the Red Crow are at Level 4 at the beginning of the story. Seth starts at Level 1, and is now Level 3 when Book 1 ends. Emma is at Level 6, as she has been a slayer since years ago. There are three Level 7, the highest level.
- They Call Me Mister Tibbs: Alex always insists everyone call him "Slash". Because Seth does not want to, he called Seth "Level Three" (Level Two when he's still Level 2) in return.
- Took a Level In Badass: Seth, several times throughout the story.
- Tron Lines: Emma has artificial terminal implanted on her lower arms. It glows when filled with energy.
- Later when the main characters are getting Full Potential Upgrade, they requested similar terminals be embedded on their weapon.
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl: Emma tries to exploit this on Seth during their training. He still beats her up anyway.