The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Actor Allusion: Roxy not only uses a Whip Sword, but wears fur-trimmed boots.
- Brandon Routh playing a frequently hovering super-powered badass with glowing eyes. And is ultimately defeated by the colour green
- This is the second time that Michael Cera has accidentally punched a girl in the boob.
- George Michael is fighting HER?
- Hey, It's That Guy!:
- Scott Pilgrim is Evan. No wait, he's Paulie Bleaker. No wait, he's Nick Twisp. No wait, he's George Michael. No wait...
- Maybe Scott should worry about Wallace peeing all over him seeing as he shares a bed with him.
- No that was his brother.
- Actually he was referring to Kevin McCallister's cousin Fuller, who was known to wet the bed.
- The list of evil exes includes the Human Torch and Captain America (both Lucas), Superman (Todd), and Ann Veal (Roxy).
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead played Jessica Bennett in the Supernatural Soap Opera Passions for the first year of the show's run. She was also in Sky High, Final Destination 3, and Death Proof.
- Reuben Langdon (aka Dante) appears as one of Lucas's stunt doubles. The one who first appears.
- The Punisher is a vegan cop.
- Fans of the all-female indie rock band The Like might recognize that band's drummer, Tennessee Thomas, as Lynette Guycott.
- April Ludgate is not very fond of Scott.
- Ramona dated Captain America and Superman.
- Ann Veal is Roxanne Richter.
- Hey, It's That Voice!:
- Roxy is Katara, Amber Holt, Batgirl, and Tinker Bell.
- In the Japanese-dubbed version:
- The Spaniard dub goes Up to Eleven:
- Scott Pilgrim is Sasuke Uchiha (as a kid), Sora and Ash Ketchum.
- Ramona is Sailor Moon, of all people!
- Wallace is Naruto and Brock.
- Todd is Fry, and Andromeda Shun.
- Gideon is Orochimaru. Quite fitting, indeed.
- And all this if we stick only to anime/manga/video games. If we go to "normal" movies, the list would be enormous.
- Throw It In: According to the DVD trivia track, Comeau's line of how "the comic is better than the movie" wasn't in the script, but Comeau's actor threw it in because Bryan Lee O'Malley was visiting the set that day.
- What Could Have Been:
- Reshoots in early 2010 were held partially to film the theatrical ending. Originally, Scott and Knives ended up together. The ending screened to test audiences and will appear on the DVD.
- An idea for the same reshoots, which was never filmed due to time constraints, involved the film turning out to be All Just a Dream -- and that Scott is actually a serial killer who murdered seven people. It is implied this ending would only appear on the DVD as an extra. Fans of this concept also whipped together a little tribute to it.
- The DVD contains storyboards and concept art for a very different conclusion to the final battle. Two words: Mecha Gideon
- Word of Saint Paul: In commentary, Aubrey Plaza, who plays Julie, asserted that her character had (and possibly has) an unrequited crush on Scott, which is why she's so hostile to him. While Bryan Lee O'Malley, the creator of the original Scott Pilgrim comics, responded that Plaza was "making shit up", Edgar Wright, the director of the film adaptation, supported this view. om
- An odd fact mentioned in the making-of documentary. The studio originally wanted the film to be shot in New York, Edgar Wright had to insist on using Toronto. One of the producers mentioned that normally, anything that identifies Toronto as Toronto has to be avoided when normally shooting a movie in Toronto, but here they could go nuts in shooting these locales. And they did.
- Ellen Wong, the actress who plays Knives, is actually a few years older than Michael Cera.
- This movie has caused Michael Cera to turn himself into a real life example of Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass. He underwent martial arts training for the film's fight scenes and enjoyed it so much he started training for real. He still looks like a complete wimp, but nowadays he's a complete wimp with a black belt.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.