|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
The show is divided up into different sections. "Infusion" talks about such popular topics as solar energy and climate change in great detail. "Dose" is a section of quick videos of obscure topics, such as Tardigrades and Foldit gamers. "News" is a weekly section devoted to quick news stories that have happened recently. "Breaking" is devoted to one breaking news story.
The SciShow channel can be found here.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Some pseudo-scientists, authors, and TV people want to convince everyone that on Dec. 21, 2012, "the earth is going to split in two, or the poles are going to shift, or house cats are going to rise up against us and make us poop in boxes of sand!"
- Blatant Lies: Nano scientists are tiny, tiny scientists.
- Catch Phrase: "We hope you learned something."
- Proud to Be A Nerd: Hank.
- Shout-Out: In the Tardigrades episode, when Hank says that The ESA's "Tardigrades In Space" program was shortened to "Tardis", an animation of the TARDIS is shown.
- The Dose episode "Tatooine?" begins with a reference to Star Wars.
- You Keep Using That Word: They now have a segment devoted to this subject in terms of scientific terms. It is called "I Don't Think That Means What You Think It Means."
- One of which is Schrodingers Cat.