|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Welcome to the character page for the webcomic series, School Bites
Charlotte Webb/Cherri Creeper
The heroine of the story, a young college girl whose humanity came to an end after she was seduced by a vampire while leaving a Halloween party, fed on, and left for dead in an alleyway. The story opens with her resurrecting and awakening as a vampire herself and invited to join the Shadow Academy where her new life as an undead begins.
- Angst? What Angst?: Upon realizing she's a vampire, she doesn't freak out rather she likes the prospect of it.
- Fiery Redhead
- First-Episode Resurrection: It's even the page for the trope.
- Parental Abandonment: A mother that's constantly on the move and a father whose re-married over time and neither had much regard for her. She claims she's been on her own since she was fifteen. Its a wonder she reached college at all.
- Punny Name
A African American girl whose likewise recently enrolled in the academy. Is revealed to be a Dhampyr, not only that but the daughter of one of the ancient vampires, Lilith
- Cool Big Sis: Often plays this role among the group.
- Eyes Always Shut: In the first few chapters, subverted later on in the series
- Has Two Mommies
- Royal Blood: Something she admits is not a big deal to her
- Punny Name
- Token Minority
- Twofer Token Minority: Also half Jewish.
The catgirl-pire of the bunch. Has really taken a liking to Cherri.
- Catgirl: Who also happens to be a vampire.
- Cute Monster Girl: Technically all of the female cast are, but she fits the trope the most due to her appearance.
- Eyes of Gold
- Fantastic Racism: Very implied she only sees humans as food and doesn't think much of them beyond that. Much to Cherri's irritation when Fujiko tells her to give up on a human boy she's taken a liking too. When she hears of Christopher the first time she nearly rushes out of the room only to be held back by Cleo. When Cherri comes to introduce Christopher to the girls, she practically attacks him on sight. It's only due to Annie that she was stopped.
- Schoolgirl Lesbians / Single-Target Sexuality / Les Yay: Take your pick
- Token Minority: Japanese
The rather dowry member of the group. She, like Cherri, is a recently turned vampire. Later becomes a Dark Angel due to the way she was transformed.
- Cute Witch: Is a Wiccan.
- Heroic Sacrifice / Senseless Sacrifice: See Shaggy Dog Story.
- Power Gives You Wings: On her first taste of blood.
- Shaggy Dog Story: She willingly turned herself into a vampire via a magic spell to save her boyfriend from a fatal disease. However once she had the means to cure him, he requested to leave it be and die peacefully. Annie respected his wishes, staying by his side till he passed on.
- Shinigami: Technically, the vampire part was just an incubation period. Once Annie tastes blood for the first time, it completes the transformation.
- White-Haired Pretty Girl
- Vegetarian Vampire: Indeed, even before being turned she was a stout vegetarian and isn't comfortable with drinking blood considering her later transformation, there might be a reason for it.
The rather perky member of the group. Another turned victim, but being undead hasn't slowed down her enthusiasm a bit.
- The Cheerleader: Unlike the usual form of this trope, she's not mean.
- The Ditz
- Genki Girl: True to her namesake, feeding her sugar just amps it to eleven.
- Highly-Visible Ninja: During the Panty Raid
- Official Couple: With Imp
- Plucky Girl
- Write Who You Know: Based off a real life dorm mate of the author's
A vampire of the Nosferatu type, shun in his family for being different and sent to Shadow Academy to be a "true" vampire.
- Black Sheep
- Characterization Marches On: Introduced as a rather perverted minded character to annoy the girls. But over time starts to grow out of it.
- Looks Like Orlok
- Official Couple: With Sugar Shock
- Royal Blood: A vampire prince
- The Unfavorite: In his family for not being a more like a proper vampire
A student that Cherri meets while waiting outside an office.
Shadow Academy Faculty and Staff
A Dark Angel who teaches history at the school and also reports and directs newly turned vampires to the school.
- Bishonen: To the core
- Hot Teacher: Had the girls going goggly eyed for him on sight
- Stern Teacher
- Official Couple: With Professor Moonfire
The headmistress of Shadow Academy.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Oh yesh.
- Official Couple: With Professor Seraphis
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Not opposed to a little fun now and then and looks out for her students. Though expects the same degree of respect from them as well and will not tolerate disobedience.
Another teacher at the school who runs Home Etc, but has other jobs as well.
- Cool Teacher
- Form-Fitting Wardrobe: When she first appears.
- Why Do You Keep Changing Jobs?: A greeter of the school, a teacher and a aide for volunteered humans for blood drinking.
Professor Van Flappin
A no-nonsense professor who happens to be a bat
Professor Pinkalily Flutterfly
A fairy vampire. its through her the students get re-named after she tastes their blood.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Looks cute but, as Cherri finds out, has a mean bite.
- Expy: Of the Sorting Hat from Harry Potter
- The Voiceless: Hasn't spoken any dialogue
A teacher who helps young vampires ease into blood drinking
- Eccentric Mentor
- Opaque Nerd Glasses: Mostly during art shifts
- Write Who You Know: Based off one of the author's favored college professors
A bat that delivered Cherri acceptance letter to Shadow Academy. Quickly took a liking to her and been hanging around her and her friends since
Dante Le Bon
The vampire that turned Cherri. A drop out of Shadow Academy who went renegade and does not favor the rules of The Masquerade. Has recently taken a liking to Cherri.
- Big Bad
- Dude Looks Like a Lady
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: Really trying to go for the Anne Rice thing.
- Expy: Of Lestat from Interview With a Vampire
- Psychic Link: Has one with Cherri
A trio comprised of two nameless twin girls and a male servant named Gabriel. Not surprisingly they take after their master.
- Alpha Bitches: No sooner then they meet up with Cherri's group, they start bad mouthing them.
- Blondes Are Evil: Once again the two twin girls.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: Just like their master, so much so that they're also...
- The Fashionista: All three, during the fight with the group the worry more about their outfits and makeup then defending themselves.
A British human musician who "volunteered" for the blood drinking class (i.e: hypnotized and put under a trance to be used as practice for the vampires of the class. They do get paid for their time however). However for some reason, rather then have his memory wiped as most of the humans usually do. He vividly remembers Cherri from the encounter. Cherri likewise has taken an attraction to him.
- I Will Find You: After Cherri manages to visit him the first time but is uncertain if she can come back to the human world. He makes this promise to her. He makes good on it too.
- No Sell: Whatever hypnotic spell that was used before doesn't seem to work on him now. Professor Moonfire lets him stay in the school to figure out why this is.
A, so far, nameless ghost girl who has appeared from time to time. Seems to have history with Dante.