The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Symmetric In Design (2005)
- Pitch Black Progress (2006)
- Holographic Universe (2008)
- Dark Matter Dimensions (2009)
- The Unseen Empire (2011)
Current Band Members:
- Roberth Karlsson - lead growled vocals, backing clean vocals
- Lars Palmqvist - lead clean vocals, backing growled vocals
- Jonas Kjellgren - guitar
- Per Nilsson - guitar
- Kenneth Seil - bass
- Henrik Ohlsson - drums, lyrics
Former Band Members:
- Christian Älvestam - vocals
Scar Symmetry shows examples of:
- Concept Album: Holographic Universe is based on interpretations of Michael Talbot's book The Holographic Universe, and explores intersections between Eastern mysticism and quantum mechanics. Dark Matter Dimensions is this, too, regarding Exactly What It Says on the Tin.
- Epic Rocking: The title track from "Holographic Universe".
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: Around an 8. They sometimes go down to a 7, but no lower than that. The title track on Pitch Black Progress is around a 9.
- Progressive Metal
- Soprano and Gravel: Nearly all Scar Symmetry songs feature a striking contrast between gutteral growled vocals and clean vocals
- Techno Babble: "I am wave, and lepton, the eerie paradox!" — Quantumleaper
- Melodic Death Metal: Well, duh, listen to the growls.
- Power Metal
- Man of a Thousand Voices: Christian, definitely. Listen to the clean singing on 'Timewave Zero', resembling the old Linkin Park somewhat. Then listen to his growling on the first two songs on Pitch Black Progress. Yeah, I can't believe it's the same guy, either. Oh, and when he talks, he has a the most charming Swedish accent ever.
- No-Hit Wonder: Despite never charting a single song, they have a very loyal fan base an are a significant act in underground heavy metal music.
- Broken Base: Many people don't like the new vocalists.
- Badass Long Hair: Roberth.
- Bald of Awesome: Christian.
- Badass Beard: Boy, can Christian rock a good goatee.
- Indecipherable Lyrics: When they growl, obviously. Nobody understands death growling.
- Vocal Tag Team: Since the departure of Älvestam, the harsh and clean vocals have been handled by two singers.
- New Sound Album: When Christian was with the band, all 3 albums with him sounded different. Symmetric In Design was much rawer and less power metal influenced than most of the band's work, and Christian used a much more diverse growl range. Pitch Black Progress had more polished production and more complex songs, as well as a bit more power metal. Holographic Universe was much more melodic, had less growls, high-quality production, and Christian had pulled his clean vocal range up an octave. The next two albums had a much more traditional approach to melodic death metal.
- Misattributed Song: No, Christian did not come back to the band. You probably heard a Solution .45 song.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.