Satoshi Hino is a US-born seiyu, famous for voicing Unlucky Everydude and Ordinary High School Student characters. Sometimes they might be more badass than thought. Due to being raised in San Francisco, he is one of the few seiyu that can speak good English. And a kendo fan, too.
Had a voice acting relationship with Rie Kugimiya, especially as lead guys like in Shakugan no Shana, Zero no Tsukaima, and Nabari no Ou. (Gintama would have counted except that in there, they're like Cain and Abel). They voice the very same character in Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas, a dream deity with a male form and a female form.
Seems to try and diversify his typecast nowadays.
Notable roles by Satoshi Hino
- Yuto Kannagi in Cross Edge (Jerkass. Playing Against Type)
- Shuuyu Koukin in Ikki Tousen
- Koichi Sanada in Kimikiss Pure Rouge
- Koichi Aizawa in Nabari no Ou
- Sai in Naruto Shippuden
- Yuji Sakai in Shakugan no Shana
- Saito Hiraga in Zero no Tsukaima
- Kamui in Gintama
- Ron Stoppable in the dub of Kim Possible
- Cedric Diggory in the dub of Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire.
- Tsuchida-sensei in Hanamaru Kindergarten
- Riken Yoshinokazura in Otome Youkai Zakuro
- Takagi Akito in Bakuman｡
- Yuuri Mito in Tayutama
- Ryo Magami in Mazinkaiser SKL (Playing Against Type, big time!)
- Ash Landers in Black Butler (More Playing Against Type)
- Pahn in the Radio Drama of Suikoden I (Foreshadowing of him Playing Against Type)
- Hamazura Shiage in To Aru Majutsu no Index II
- Kakeru Otori in Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai
- Kinjiro Sakamachi in Mayo Chiki
- Kariya Etou in La Corda D Oro (Another Playing Against Type to a certain extent)
- Phantasos in Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas