|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Santino is the walking, talking, living, breathing embodiment of the Crowning Moment of Funny. From mispronunciations of wrestler names to generally being unafraid to completely make an ass out of himself, he is the personification of this trope. And when teamed up with "The Glamazon" Beth Phoenix, he's even funnier. But his Crowning Moment is most definitely:
"Bring forth...THE HONK-A-METER!"
- And then there's:
Santino: My eyes are up here, I am NOT a piece of meat!
- When Kane was backstage searching for CM Punk, he happened upon Santino:
- Yet another Crowning Moment of Funny for Santino: Attempting Melina's (in)famous split ring entrance. Bonus CMoF for Beth near the end. "NOT THERE! OF ALL PLACES WHY THERE?!"
- Just when you thought it was safe to watch Raw, Santino brings out...the Mankini!
- To say nothing of Santino's performance at Royal Rumble 2009. As one YouTuber put it: "The Warlord can rest easy knowing Santino did him a favor."
- At an overseas house show in 2009, there was a 15-man battle royal. When Santino comes face to face with Triple H and John Cena and figures out he doesn't have a chance in hell of eliminating them, he eliminates himself instead.
- Note The Big Show's reaction as it happens...
- He probably should have done the same thing at Royal Rumble 2008, when he entered the ring with The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels already fighting each other.
- Santino is invited to do commentary on a match, and ends up stealing Jerry Lawler's Subway Sandwich. Considered by some to be THE Crowning Moment of Funny for a man who busts them out on a regular basis.
- There was that time where he somehow beat up The Sandman. He tries to add insult to injury by breaking Sandman's kendo stick over his knee... only to hurt himself.
- There was the moment he told Rey Mysterio, Jr. there were only three reasons someone would wear a mask.
"Any man who hides behind a mask is either incredibly ugly... incredibly stupid oooor... or is THE BATMAN!!!!"
- Also, there was his angle with Stone Cold where, at one point Santino declared various Stone Cold moments would not be happening (glass breaking, can of "asswhip", stomping of mudpie) and finished by saying "JR is not going to reach the point of orgasm. The non-verbal reaction from JR was priceless.
- Hell, Santino's finishing move is a crowning moment of funny every time he tries to use it. COBRA! COBRA! COBRA!
- Possibly even funnier now that people have to sell it.
- Santino can notch up another hilarious moment with his performance in 2011's Royal Rumble. To wit: He enters at #37 and within moments is kicked under the bottom rope to the outside. Ten minutes later, Alberto Del Rio is the last man standing in the ring and the winner of the Royal Rumble...until the forgotten Santino slips back in the ring and hits him with a Cobra Strike. Sure, Santino was eliminated almost immediately following, but that was the best Brick Joke WWE has pulled out in years.
- While Corre was having an internal dispute on Raw 4/11/11, Santino comes out alongside Evan Bourne, Daniel Bryan, and Mark Henry, who have united to form their own group.
"If you guys are 'The Corre', then allow me to present to you: The APPLE! 'Allied People Powered by Loathing Everything that you stand for.'"
- And then there's the 'APPLE Powers Unite' group fist bump. Mark Henry needed some convincing to join in.
- On a Raw over in the UK, Santino and Vladimir Kozlov invited Sheamus to a tea party. It has to be seen to be believed.
- After being sideline with an injury, Santino comes back to Raw's October 3rd show, by interrupting Jinder Mahal, who was in the ring, ranting in Punjabi. Santino mocks Jinder by speaking jibberish, which sets Jinder off and wants a match against Santino. Roughly 40 seconds later Jinder has eaten The Cobra and Santino is celebrating his victory.