Sam Witwer is an American screen actor and musician best known for his roles as the pilot Crashdown on the new Battlestar Galactica and Davis Bloome/Doomsday in the 8th season of Smallville. He has also made a number of other minor appearances on the shows Dexter, CSI, Shark, and SeriesBones. Gamers would recognize him as both the voice and look of Darth Vader's secret apprentice, Starkiller/Galen Marek, in the Star Wars video game The Force Unleashed (he also voices Emperor Palpatine). He returns as Starkiller's clone in the sequel, The Force Unleashed II.
Witwer is very much a geek at heart, being a huge gamer and an all around Star Wars nerd (making his job on Unleashed a childhood dream come true). He had attended Juilliard School of Drama for a time but according to his own website "he got kicked out, [but] it was all good!" He has said in interviews that grades have never been his thing.
As of late, he seems to be the go to guy for Villain Protagonists and Anti-Heroes. Witwer likes to get inside the heads of his characters and bring out their sympathetic qualities along side their villainous ones, compelling the audience to root for them (or at least sympathize) no matter what alignment they are at the time. And he can go from a nice normal guy to being scary as hell at a drop of a hat. Recently, Witwer has signed on to play the reformed vampire Aidan in Being Human Remake.
Apart from his acting career, he has his own metal rock band called The Crashtones.
- Ascended Fanboy: He's a Star Wars fan, making his job in The Force Unleashed a dream come true. And if that's not enough, he's also been in Star Wars the Clone Wars as The Son and Darth Maul.
- Apparently, when he got the call that he was going to play Darth Maul, he nearly crashed his car.
- Chewing the Scenery: Not so much in his live-action roles, but on The Clone Wars, he really goes all out.
The Son: "We will DESTROY the Sith!!! And the Jedi..."
Darth Maul: "The scum! HE TOOK THEM FROM ME!!"
- Ink Suit Actor: As Starkiller.
- One of Us: A huge gamer and Star Wars fan.
- Throw It In: While being interviewed about playing Darth Maul, he started geeking since the interview was being conducted in the Lucasfilm archives. They left it in.