|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Sally Forth is a King Features syndicated newspaper comic, originally written and drawn by Greg Howard (then a recently retired lawyer), and introduced in 1982. It is a slice-of-life domestic comedy, tending towards story arcs but often using the gag-a-day format for the Sunday strips. In 1992, Craig MacIntosh took over the drawing with Howard continuing to write. Then, in 1999, Francesco Marciuliano took over the writing, when Howard left the strip completely (and when arguably the strip entered into its full form). Sally Forth is carried in nearly 700 papers nationwide.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: The Forths' daughter Hilary is a blonde. Her best friend Faye has black hair. Their friend Nona is a redhead.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Nona. The writer has described her thusly:
Nona started as an answer to my own question, "What if Luna Lovegood lived in the suburbs... and wasn't a wizard... and didn't have an English accent even though, let's face it, English accents make everything sound brilliant or diabolical... except maybe the poor English characters in Mike Leigh films... Seriously, just watching those doomed characters try to scrape enough shillings to purchase a pen to sign over their house to creditors is absolute torture... Who am I talking to?"
- Ted, of course. His choice of office watercooler talk is less sports and more '80s tv cartoons.
- Deadpan Snarker: If you find one person in the strip that isn't one, you get a gold star.
- Meta Guy: Sally's husband Ted was Abed before Abed was.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: According to the above interview, Nona is apparently very bright if scatterbrained.
- Obnoxious In-Laws: Both sets, really. Sally's mother is a constant belittler. Ted's parents are dour borderline alcoholics.
- Pointy-Haired Boss: Ralph, Sally's former boss. He was eventually demoted to her co-worker before she was reorg'd to the marketing department.
- Running Gag: Every Easter, Sally always bites the ears off of Hilary's chocolate bunny.
- Every autumnal equinox will begin with a soliloquy on how awesome Fall is.