The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The series is stated to getting an anime release around 2011 or 2012.
- Action Girl: Saori/Athena. Well, for a few issues at least.
- Art Evolution: The women in the book have curves and look quite feminine unlike the classic series.
- Badass in Distress: Seiya.
- Cursed by Hades.
- De-Power: In two ways. The Bronze Boys lose their God Cloths and are downgraded back to their third version. Saori on the other hand gets reduced to a baby.
- Eighties Hair: Subverted with the Golds. The characters have shorter and more practical hair. Compare the beauty of Pisces Aphrodite with Pisces Cardinale.
- Played straight with Callisto.
- Future Me Scares Me: When Dohko sees what his future midget self will look like.
- Healing Potion: Water when placed inside the cup that forms the Krater Cloth in its totem form.
- History Repeats: Pope trying to kill Athena, Gold Saint surprising said act and fleeing mortally wounded with the baby in his arms, Pisces Saint being an asshole, Taurus Saint dying standing protecting his temple, Gemini's temple with its maze yet subverted this time with the real Gemini Saint being present in his temple
- Important Haircut: Saori when she uses it to trade with Hecate for directions.
- Impossible Task: The entire mission.
- Living MacGuffin: Saori/Athena after she is turned into a baby.
- MacGuffin: Hades' Sword from the 18th Century.
- Mask Power: Touma.
- Meanwhile in the Future: The story keeps going back and forth between past and present as if happening at the same time. The most jarring exemple being Shun in the 18th century having the feeling that something bad is about to happen to Seiya in the 20th century/ next page.
- Moon Rabbit: Artemis' Satellites.
- One-Winged Angel: Touma's scar on his back as well as his armor design.
- Race Against the Clock: This is Saint Seiya after all, it just needs one like for every one of its arcs. Here, the heroes and Athena have 3 days (probably cosmic days at Chronos' scale otherwise we'd deal with Fridge Logic) to go to the past and break Hades' sword to save Seiya from a certain death due to the curse inflicted by said sword in his chest.
- Rank Up: Kurumada accepted the concept of Athena Saints being able to be promoted to higher Cloth Rankings, Shion and Dohko apparently were Bronze Saints prior the story itself; oddly enough this wasn't brought up in the original series, going by how many times Seiya, Hyoga and Shiryu (and Shun and Ikki next to the very end) wore Gold Cloths, one would think they would be promoted by now.
- Schedule Slip: The switch to all color and Masami Kurumada becoming very ill.
- Set Right What Once Went Wrong: The whole reason they are going back is to destroy Hades' Sword that is in Seiya.
- Sliding Scale of Free Will vs. Fate: Saori believes she can save Seiya, Chronos tells her the fate "of the man in the wheelchair" can't be changed.
- Time-Delayed Death: Virgo Shijima has a white rose in his heart.
- Variable-Length Chain: Shun.
- Visions of Another Self: Seiya and Tenma, the only real example of perfect look-a-like between the two periods... Chekov's Gun for the impossible mission anyone?
- The Voice: Chronos/Khronos
- You Already Changed the Past: Before Saori/Athena was sent to the 18th century, there was no Athena present at this period; yet, in the 20th century's main story in the original manga, we learnt that during the previous war in the 18th century Athena was there with all her Saints. Therefore, Saori had already been taken into account as the Athena of the 18th century when the events are told to us in the 20th century even before we actually see her time travel.
- You Can't Fight Fate: What Chronos tells Athena before she travels back in time.
- You Shall Not Pass: The 18th century Golds to the Specters.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.