|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
In real life, sai are very rarely actually bladed weapons, and are primarily used in defense in order to disarm and/or break blades. In fiction, however, the middle prong (or both) is usually sharpened into a makeshift dagger. (Sometimes Truth in Television, but not normal practice.) Unusually, Dual-Wielding a pair of sais is Truth in Television.
- Bleach: Sun-Sun's zanpakutou.
- In Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple, one of Freya's Valkyries uses them.
- Kayura in Ronin Warriors wields a pair with extend-able middle blades.
- Elektra's weapon of choice in the Daredevil comics.
- Deadpool sometimes uses these.
- One of the preferred weapons of Zaran the Weapons Master in the Marvel Universe.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Raphael's Weapon of Choice
- The Mummy Returns: a Flash Back has a duel between two women Dual-Wielding these, which doesn't make sense as sais originated from Asia, not Egypt. And more specifically, sai were a rice-agricultural implement, and the Nile has always been primarily wheat territory.
- The Matrix Reloaded: Neo used his powers to pull two sais off the wall and fight with them during his battle with the Merovingian's minions. He ends up using them to pin one of his assailants to the wall.
- Xena: Warrior Princess's sidekick Gabrielle makes a point of fighting principally with a pair of Sai, starting in Season 5 and lasting until the end of the show. The exclusivity of the weapon to Gabrielle made them all the more cool.
- Deadliest Warrior: the Yakuza used Sais as a weapon.
- Mele / Camille.
- Used by Vetkin in Battle Realms.
- Mileena from the Mortal Kombat series fights using a pair of sai.
- Guild Wars has sais as a type of dagger.
- Adventure Quest Worlds also uses them as daggers, the one kind of weapon that can be dual-wielded. They're quite popular with Ninjas.
- Wang Yi from Dynasty Warriors 7: XL.