Saffron Henderson is a Canadian voice actress and singer and the daughter of Bill Henderson of Chilliwack fame. She has voiced various characters from anime series. She is usually cast as mature and occasionally flirtatious young women, or as a child, mostly young boys.
Her well-known roles include Shenhua from Black Lagoon, Aisha from Gundam SEED, Sachiko Yagami from Death Note, and Oxnard from Hamtaro. She was also the first voice of Naruto's Kurenai Yuhi before being replaced by Mary Elizabeth McGlynn.
Saffron Henderson was replaced by Jillian Michaels as Gohan in The Ocean Group dub of Dragonball Z. Henderson had been voicing the character from the very beginning (since 1996) but had to quit just before voice work began on the Cell Games Saga. The reason being is that her wedding, which took place sometime in January or February 2001, conflicted with her allotted work schedule for the series.
In an Animerica interview, she stated that she was in the movies The Fly II and Friday the 13 th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan. She played Veronica Quaife, taking over the Geena Davis role, and the rocker J.J. Jarret, whom Jason Voorhees used a guitar to kill.
Saffron has also provided backing vocals on several albums, including for ex Bad Company vocalist Paul Rodgers' 1999 album Electric.
And as for the Tropes that are known with Saffron Henderson:
- Action Girl (and) Dark Action Girl: When she plays a female character there is a very good chance that her role will get involved in the action regardless of their alignment.
- Cute Shotaro Boy: These kind of roles make up a great portion for her work and are often her favorite roles.
- Evil Is Sexy: Though not to the extent of fellow Canadian actress Janyse Jaud whenever she does use a lower sultry voice that is often for antagonistic characters (even if they don't stay that way). But there are only very few roles of hers that use one of her lower voices that is good right from the start (such as Bloodberry).
- High Heel Face Turn: While she has voiced plenty of antagonists many of them don't stay that way.
- Hot Shounen Mom: Though not to the extent of Tara Strong's fanbase many of Saffron's male fans view her this way.
- Pigeonholed Voice Actor: Her most known voices are either cutesy young boys or lower sultry voices. She has done other roles but they are generally not well known.
- You would call Sherry from Zatch Bell not well known?