Describe Saeko Shimazu here! Right now! Ohohohohoho!
Mrs. Saeko Shimazu 島津 冴子 is a prolific seiyū from Isehara. As many others, she first had Naive Everygirl roles, then started branching into more varied archetypes. Her breaching, however, took her to frequently switch to the Yandere or Dark Action Girl types. Also, she's credited to have voice roles in almost all the Rumiko Takahashi works - just look below.
Since she didn't have many major roles in the 90's and later, Mrs. Shimazu was believed to be retired by many people. That prompted the people in charge of the Zeta Gundam movies to replace her with Yukana, which brought the latter lots of insults coming from the Fan Dumb. Huh.
Some of Saeko Shimazu's roles include:
- Shinobu Miyake from Urusei Yatsura (first RT role)
- Sayoko Kuroki from Maison Ikkoku (second role)
- Kodachi Kuno from Ranma One Half (third role)
- Princess Abi from Inuyasha (... see the pattern here?)
- Four Murasame from Zeta Gundam. As mentioned above, replaced by Yukana.
- Glycine from Sakura Taisen
- Miz Mishtal from El Hazard
- Yuri from the original Dirty Pair media. Replaced by Mariko Kouda.
- Saeko Mizuki in the Glass Mask OAV.
- Madoka Ayukawa in the Kimagure Orange Road pilot episode. Replaced by Hiromi Tsuru.
- Megumi in Creamy Mami.
- Rag Rawro in Xabungle
- Akiko Natsume in Nuku Nuku.
- Luna Rossa in Dancougar
- Fortuna in Tales of Destiny 2
- The Sexy Lady (Kirei na Onee-san) in Yarudora series vol.2: Kisetsu o Dakishimete