|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
An original play by User:Tidal_Wave_17.
Johnnie Brown is depressed. This is shown in the first scene where three students take turns making fun of him in front of the girl he likes, Lisa. She tries to comfort him only to be rudely told to go away. Later that night, after hearing his parents talk about him from his room, Johnnie falls asleep and finds himself in a world made of trash and other items from his childhood. Here, he meets Happy and Intuition, who let him in on what's going on: He's asleep, and unless he can find Innocence, he's not going to wake up at all.
Was shown on May 6 and 7, 2011.
- Angst Coma: Intuition basically tells Johnnie that this is what's happening to him.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Anger, Happy, Grief, Innocence, Love, and Intuition. All feelings you have. Well, Intuition's not really a feeling, but you get the point.
- The Cameo: User:Tidal_Wave_17 has a small part as the leader of the trio of bullies.
- Cheerful Child: Happy and Younger Johnnie.
- Color Coded for Your Convenience: Everyone, save Lisa, wears a different color to match who they are.
- The Faceless: Johnnie's parents. They are never seen, only heard from offscreen.
- Fille Fatale: Anger, who tries to seduce Johnnie into forgetting his quest for Innocence.
- Fun Personified: Happy. Duh.
- Gender Flip: Happy and Grief were originally written as a boy and girl, respectively. Both switched during auditions.
- Improv: The title of this play wasn't made until after auditons had finished.
- Love Freak: Innocence/ Love.
- Mood Whiplash: The scene with Grief showing Johnnie his younger self in the waiting room of the hospital where his nana has died is followed by Happy showing him playing around in his room as a kid.
- Those Two Bad Guys: Anger and Grief were originally supposed to be this, but the play was turned in before any other scenes with them together could be written.
- What Could Have Been: This play was written in a very short amount of time. Its more like a rough draft than an actual play. Lisa was originally supposed to have a larger role, Grief and Anger were going to have more of a partner dynamic, and