|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
STuCK is an MSPA Forum Adventure co-created by authors stilettoHurricane, Big Bad, sarydactl and King Fissure. STuCK follows in the footsteps of the story of "Homestuck". It follows Homestuck's example in having normal and animated panels in addition to animated flash pages.
STuCK follows four players; Katie, Chris, Sara and (the yet unrevealed) poisonPoltergeist, starting their own game of SBURB. Just like anybody trying to play a 'simple' game of SBURB, lots of things get in their way before they can even start playing proper including aggressive guardians, unsavory weather and mysterious demons.
Not at all associated with the novel Stuck.
This comic displays the following tropes:
- Abusive Parents: Katie's Mom has no qualms in knocking-out her daughter in strife.
- Affectionate Parody
- Alliterative Name: poisonPoltergeist.
- Alternate Self: Fans of Homestuck will recognize dream!Katie as one.
- Apocalypse How: Homestuck fans will also recognize Class 6 in-coming for the world the characters live on. Definitely shown with the destruction of Minneapolis.
- Arc Number: 603
- Art Shift: The style of the panels may differ slightly depending on which of the authors currently has the reins.
- Author Avatar: The four authors based the four characters on themselves. Katie is stilettoHurricane, Chris is Big Bad, sarydactl is Sara and poisonPoltergeist is King Fissure.
- Badass Longcoat: It doesn't take Sara long to don a trench coat.
- Bilingual Bonus: Latin is used here and here. Translations: "I'm trying to help you" and "you won't last long" respectively.
- Buffy-Speak: "Katie: Put the crapdowel on the thinggy"
- Curb Stomp Battle: Katie's strife against her mom doesn't go well for her.
- Computer Voice: Greets Chris at the factory here.
- Everything's Better with Chickens
[3:14:03 AM] poisonPoltergeist: BAWK BAWK FEED ME I'M A DUMBASS CHICKEN
[3:14:06 AM] stilettoHurricane: No he;s a ROOSTER :V
[3:14:08 AM] stilettoHurricane: Look he has the comb and waddle
[3:14:11 AM] stilettoHurricane: He is a MAN and you will respect him
- False Start: The "game" glitches out in the second panel and has to be restarted.
- Improbable Weapon User: Chris's TARDIS sylladex makes a flash when he captchalogues something, which he takes advantage of to distract Chloe.
"YOU CAPTCHALOGUED THE DOG?"
- Card Battle Game: Chris's strife specibus implements Yu-Gi-Oh cards, making each of his strifes like this.
- Catfolk: To demonstrate his strife specibus, Chris summons Gladiator Beast Laquari.
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience: Katie types in gold, Chris types in light green, Sara types in orange and pP types in black.
- Game Within a Game: STuCK itself is presented as a "game" being played by the readers. The characters in STuCK also play some games.
- Katie mentions playing Minecraft
- pP is shown playing Maple Story here.
- Sara plays Suikoden while her power is out.
- Both Sara and pP mention playing Portal 2.
- Chris's strife strife specibus uses Yu-Gi-Oh cards.
- Sara briefly mentions playing Magic the Gathering here.
- Katie's dream sequence is based on Silent Hill -style puzzles, ending with a creepy flash, as well.
- Instrument of Murder: The guitar in Sara's house appears to be more than an old guitar.
- Knife Nut: Katie quite happily uses knives in her Strife Specibus. Her reaction to not being able to open the Cruxtruder was to stab it open.
- Lizard Folk: One of the cards Chris summons is Gladiator Beast Retiari; a big Roman-themed Lizard-man.
- Meaningful Name: The capital letters in the title are the first letters of the four author's names. It's been speculated that the 'u' stands for 'You, the reader."
- Naive Newcomer: Katie and pP have trouble understanding the SBURB mechanics.
- Nice Hat: Katie wears a brow cap covered in buttons. Chris's black fedora.
- Nightmare Fuel: "[sKatie: WAKE UP!"] and "[SNap"].
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Although pP has only appeared as a dark silhouette in the comic, outside material that the authors have done has revealed their gender, name and appearance.
- Opaque Lenses:
- Unless there's focus on her eyes, Sara has mostly only appeared with her glasses hiding her eyes.
- pP's only appearances have been like this, but verging into Scary Shiny Glasses.
- Scarf of Asskicking
- Scary Shiny Glasses: pP's only two appearances are as a dark silhouette with reflected glasses.
- Schedule Slip: To be expected. Updates tend to be irregular when the author currently holding the reins is busy. Especially when Katie had to do animations while simultaneously attending college classes.
- Shout-Out: Some panels are done to reference, in words or images, some running gags from Homestuck.
- Title Drop: Unavoidable with such a common word like "stuck."
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: